Out on bail in a case of molesting a 17-year-old girl, the accused Saturday allegedly shot her dead in t in Kaurhiya Bazar police station area of Gonda district. The accused, Shiv Mangal Soni (30), had earlier been arrested in January and released a week later on bail.
Station House Officer Intekhab Ahmed said the incident was fallout of “one-sided love affair.”
- Police expand suspect list in Haryana Dalit girl’s rape, murder, friend missing
- Haryana Dalit girl gangraped, murdered: Attackers thrust object into girl's body, says doctor
- Haryana: 11-year-old Dalit girl 'killed, then gangraped' in Panipat
- Ghaziabad: Girl ‘sexually harassed’ in school bus, class XI boy gets bail
- Father finds girl talking on phone, strangles her
- Assault on Kurla girl: POCSO Act added to case, accused remanded in police custody
The girl, who was a student of Class X, had filed molestation case against Soni in earier this year, following which he was arrested on January 21 and released on bail on January 27, the SHO said
On Saturday, the girl was standing outside her house at around 10.30am when Soni arrived and opened fire from a country-made pistol. She suffered two bullet injuries on chest. Her family members rushed her to hospital, where doctors declared her dead upon arrival.
Based on a complaint from victim’s family, an FIR was registered against Soni on murder charge, the SHO said, adding raids are being conducting to arrest him.
Soni runs a garment business from the ground floor of his house at Kaurhia Bazaar town. “We are trying to find out whether today’s incident was related to the case the girl had filed against him in January,” said the SHO.