Out on bail in a case of molesting a 17-year-old girl, the accused Saturday allegedly shot her dead in t in Kaurhiya Bazar police station area of Gonda district. The accused, Shiv Mangal Soni (30), had earlier been arrested in January and released a week later on bail.
Station House Officer Intekhab Ahmed said the incident was fallout of “one-sided love affair.”
- Delhi domestic help murder: ‘Kin had no phone, she couldn’t contact them’
- Kerala: 60-year-old man arrested for molesting minor inside movie hall
- Teen duo missing; Barmer town shut as Hindu outfits protest
- Amid outrage over Kathua, four rape cases lodged in single day in UP; victims in three are children
- Kanpur: Fifteen-year-old Dalit ‘raped’ by father, four others
- Meerut: Two held for acid attack on women athletes
The girl, who was a student of Class X, had filed molestation case against Soni in earier this year, following which he was arrested on January 21 and released on bail on January 27, the SHO said
On Saturday, the girl was standing outside her house at around 10.30am when Soni arrived and opened fire from a country-made pistol. She suffered two bullet injuries on chest. Her family members rushed her to hospital, where doctors declared her dead upon arrival.
Based on a complaint from victim’s family, an FIR was registered against Soni on murder charge, the SHO said, adding raids are being conducting to arrest him.
Soni runs a garment business from the ground floor of his house at Kaurhia Bazaar town. “We are trying to find out whether today’s incident was related to the case the girl had filed against him in January,” said the SHO.