Opposition targeted Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saifai Mahotsav, and the issue of minors’ death in relief camps of Muzaffarnagar in the state legislative council Friday.
Congress leader Naseeb Pathan, in an adjournment notice, said when innocent children were dying in relief camps in Muzaffarnagar and Shamli, CM along with other ministers and top officers were having a gala time in Saifai.
Defending the government on Saifai Mahotsav, leader of House Ahmed Hasan said Saifai Mahostav was not organised for the first time this year. “Saifai Mahotsav is organised every year and that mela is an awakening (Jagriti) for Saifai. Sporting activities including wrestling and cultural programmes are also organised on a yearly basis.”
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Congress members added that it was ironical that the same administration was actively engaged to hunt for the seven buffaloes of cabinet minister Azam Khan, failed to nab the man eater tigress on the prowl in Bijnor that claimed 10 people so far.
Ahmed Hasan countered by saying the Muzaffarnagar riots was executed by the BJP and the Akhilesh Yadav government.
Dissatisfied with reply of the state government, opposition members from BSP, BJP and Congress staged a walk out from the House.