Opposition targeted Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saifai Mahotsav, and the issue of minors’ death in relief camps of Muzaffarnagar in the state legislative council Friday.
Congress leader Naseeb Pathan, in an adjournment notice, said when innocent children were dying in relief camps in Muzaffarnagar and Shamli, CM along with other ministers and top officers were having a gala time in Saifai.
Defending the government on Saifai Mahotsav, leader of House Ahmed Hasan said Saifai Mahostav was not organised for the first time this year. “Saifai Mahotsav is organised every year and that mela is an awakening (Jagriti) for Saifai. Sporting activities including wrestling and cultural programmes are also organised on a yearly basis.”
Congress members added that it was ironical that the same administration was actively engaged to hunt for the seven buffaloes of cabinet minister Azam Khan, failed to nab the man eater tigress on the prowl in Bijnor that claimed 10 people so far.
Ahmed Hasan countered by saying the Muzaffarnagar riots was executed by the BJP and the Akhilesh Yadav government.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Dissatisfied with reply of the state government, opposition members from BSP, BJP and Congress staged a walk out from the House.