Lucknow allotment State govt had defended its action in the apex court
The 28 persons whose plot allotments in Lucknows Gomti Nagar have been defended by the Samajwadi Party government in the Supreme Court include Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadavs father-in-law R C S Rawat,Revenue Minister Ambika Chaudharys wife Saroj Chaudhary,Chief Ministers Secretary Anita Singh,and several IAS and IPS officers.
Interestingly,Ambika Chaudhary was Revenue Minister and Anita Singh was Special Secretary to the Chief Minister even when the allotments were made by the Lucknow Development Authority under the previous SP government,headed by Mulayam Singh Yadav,in 2005.
The list includes some persons about whom nothing is known except their names; they were allotted plots on the recommendation of the Chief Ministers secretariat. In many cases,allotments were first made in Gomti Nagar Extension and then changed to Vipul Khand,a posh locality.
In an affidavit in the Supreme Court,the government has claimed that all rules and regulations were followed in the allotment of plots to these 28 persons. Also,LDA had allotted 16,358 plots directly between 1992 and 2005,the affidavit says.
The previous Mayawati government had,on the other hand,alleged several irregularities,which included allotment at a rate lower than the prevailing rate,and that the land use was changed from institutional to residential to benefit these people. The allotments have been challenged in a PIL by Vishwanath Chaturvedi,a social activist.
Here is the complete list of allottees:
1. RCS Rawat,father-in-law of Akhilesh Yadav,on the recommendation of the Chief Ministers secretariat. The 365.50 sq m plot was adjusted against an existing 288 sq m plot in Gomti Nagar Extension.
2. Anita Singh and her husband Subhash Chandra (IPS),500 sq m plot in Vipul Khand on March 19,2005.
3. Saroj Chaudhary,wife of Revenue Minister Ambika Chaudhary,488 sq m plot,on the recommendation of her husband in Vipul Khand,in lieu of her existing plot of 300 sq m in Gomti Nagar Extension.
4. Alia Khatoon,488 sq m plot on the recommendation of then Samajwadi Party MP Amar Singh. Alia Khatoon gave her another plot in Vipul Khand to Amar Singh on the day LDA registered this plot in her name.
5. Preety Chaudhary,244 sq m,wife of then District Magistrate of Jaunpur and current District Magistrate of Lucknow Anurag Yadav.
6. Navneet Sikera,276 sq m,then SSP of Lucknow,allotted against adjustment and transfer of his existing 162 sq m plot in Gomti Nagar Extension.
7. Shivani and Pankaj,422.25 sq m,on the recommendation of then District Magistrate of Lucknow R N Tiwari. Shivani and Pankaj are daughter and son-in-law of RN Tiwari,the allotment was made against adjustment and transfer of their existing 288 sq m plot in Kanpur Road scheme.
8. Amit and Aruna Mittal,relatives of then Commissioner of Lucknow RK Mittal. They were given the plot in adjustment and transfer of their existing plot of 162 sqm in Gomti Nagar Extension.
9. Onkar Singh,then DIG of Faizabad got 276sq m plot against transfer and adjustment of his exsiting 162 sq m plot in Gomti Nagar Extension.
10. CP Sharma,then Chief Town Planner in the Lucknow Development Authority,which did the allotments. He was alloted this 345 sq m plot against the transfer and adjustment of his existing 162 sqm plot in Gomti Nagar Extension.
11. Mohd Afsar Shabbir Khan,then Chief Town and Country Planner of the state,got 276 sq m plot for himself against the adjustment and transfer of his existing 162 sq m plot in Gomti Nagar Extension.
12. Brijesh Kumar Singh,356 sq m plot,on the recommendation of then Joint Secretary in Lucknow Development Authority JB Singh. He was given this plot against his existing plot in Gomti Nagar Extension of 162 sq m.
13. Shiv Kumar,422 sq m plot,on the recommendation of then Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Anil Kumar. He was allotted this plot against the adjustment of his existing plot in Gomti Nagar Extension of 162 sq m.
14. Swarndas Bagla,retired IAS officer,488 sq m plot,by transfer of existing plot from Gomti Nagar Extension.
15. Sarla,545.95 sq m plot,the largest among all 28 plots,was alloted on the recommendation of then Secretary of Housing JS Mishra.
16. Manisha Chandra,442 sq m plot,on the recommendation of then Secretary of Lucknow Development Authority Rekha Gupta.
17. S Rastogi,452.62 sq m plot,on the recommendation of then Vice-Chairman of LDA BB Singh.
18. Kailashi Devi,244 sq m plot,on the recommendation of then Special Secretary of Housing Ramvriksh Prasad
19. Dulari Devi,276 sq m plot,on the recommendation of the Chief Ministers Secretariat.
20. Jogendra Sahay,276 sq m plot,on the recommendation of then Vice-Chairman of LDA BB Singh.
21. Dr Richa Mishra,276 sq m plot,wife of Radhvendra Mishra,then Programmer Analyst at the Lucknow Development Authority.
22. Balak Ram,442 sq m plot,on the recommendation of then District Magistrate of Faizabad.
23. Savitri Singh,500 sq m plot,on the recommendation of then Vice Chairman of Lucknow Development Authority BB Singh.
Apart from this,five recommendations came from the Chief Ministers Secretariat. First,they were given 162 sq m plots in Gomti Nagar Extension and then their plots were transferred to posh Vipul Khand. They were:
24. Kamal Bhojwani,442 sq m.
25. Pesu Ram,442.25 sq m.
26. Jitendra,442.25 sq m.
27. Shiv Singh Yadav,588 sq m.
28. Rajesh,346.50 sq m.