Two days after the UP government invoked the stringent NSA against BJP MLA Sangeet Singh Som,another BJP MLA Suresh Rana who is currently lodged in Banda district prison was slapped with NSA for his alleged provocative speeches before communal violence broke out in Muzaffarnagar.
IG (Law and Order) RK Vishwakarma said the order was served on Rana at Banda district jail.
Rana had allegedly given provocative speeches at a mahapanchayat in Sikhera police station area of Muzaffarnagar on September 7.
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
Vishwakarma said Rana was booked under Sections 188 of the IPC (Disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant),153 (A) (Promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion,race,place of birth,residence,language) 353 (Assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty),435 (Mischief by fire or explosive substance with intent to cause damage to amount of one hundred) and 7 Criminal Law (Amendment) Act.
Rana,who represents the Thana Bhawan constituency of Shamli district,was arrested in Lucknow on September 20.
A local court in Muzaffarnagar granted him bail Tuesday in connection with two cases lodged against him in Muzaffarnagar. Ranas lawyer Thakur Dushyant Singh said Rana could not be released as Shamli district police had served warrants to him in connection with two cases lodged against him at Shamli police station in June.
Shamli SP Anil Kumar Rai said the warrant was served in connection with two cases lodged at Shamli police station on June 17 when Rana and his supporters violated prohibitory orders and indulged in arson while protesting an alleged rape incident.