Two days after the UP government invoked the stringent NSA against BJP MLA Sangeet Singh Som,another BJP MLA Suresh Rana who is currently lodged in Banda district prison was slapped with NSA for his alleged provocative speeches before communal violence broke out in Muzaffarnagar.
IG (Law and Order) RK Vishwakarma said the order was served on Rana at Banda district jail.
Rana had allegedly given provocative speeches at a mahapanchayat in Sikhera police station area of Muzaffarnagar on September 7.
Vishwakarma said Rana was booked under Sections 188 of the IPC (Disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant),153 (A) (Promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion,race,place of birth,residence,language) 353 (Assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty),435 (Mischief by fire or explosive substance with intent to cause damage to amount of one hundred) and 7 Criminal Law (Amendment) Act.
Rana,who represents the Thana Bhawan constituency of Shamli district,was arrested in Lucknow on September 20.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
A local court in Muzaffarnagar granted him bail Tuesday in connection with two cases lodged against him in Muzaffarnagar. Ranas lawyer Thakur Dushyant Singh said Rana could not be released as Shamli district police had served warrants to him in connection with two cases lodged against him at Shamli police station in June.
Shamli SP Anil Kumar Rai said the warrant was served in connection with two cases lodged at Shamli police station on June 17 when Rana and his supporters violated prohibitory orders and indulged in arson while protesting an alleged rape incident.