- Triple talaq verdict LIVE updates: SC upholds validity of triple talaq, but imposes ban on instant talaq till Parliament brings new law
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan steals a million hearts in this white Manish Malhotra suit at IFFM
- Game of Thrones season 7's latest episode has got Twitterati excited for more reasons than one
Governor Ram Naik Monday said “special Urdu classes” will be organised at Raj Bhavan beginning next month where he along with and his staff will learn the language.
“Urdu is the second language in Uttar Pradesh but many officers do not have even the working knowledge of Urdu. Thus, I planned to organise the special classes of half-an-hour to one hour at raj Bhavan, which would be attended by officers as well as me,” Naik told The Indian Express.
He said that the idea struck him when recently a group of teachers met him and said that they can impart him “working knowledge” of Urdu within a week by giving two hours daily.
- UP Governor Ram Naik greets CM Adityanath on his birthday
- UP Cabinet expansion: Akhilesh meets Governor Ram Naik after activist says stop Prajapati induction
- UP governor Ram Naik completes two years in office
- Uttar Pradesh governor sends back two bills for reconsideration
- Luckow: CM Akhilesh , Governor Ram Naik discuss pending bills
- No, Shahu Ji Maharaj’s birth date is not July 26: Ram Naik tells Akhilesh govt
“However, all of us here have office work to do and thus we cannot give two hours daily. Thus, we plan to have half-an-hour to one hour classes daily for 15 days or more as required to learn the language,” the Governor said, adding he plans to start the classes after August 15.
The Governor also hosted an Iftar at Raj Bhavan. Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav could not attend the Iftar as he is abroad, his uncle and senior cabinet minister Shivpal Yadav was present.
Others who attended the Iftar included ministers Ahmed Hassan, Rajendra Chaudhary, Ravidas Mehrotra, Abhishek Mishra, chief advisor to CM Alok Ranjan, BJP leaders Lalji Tandon and Suresh Khanna as well as Congress leaders Pramod Tiwari and Ammar Rizvi apart from several clerics.