In yet another way to mobilise voters, UP BJP leaders have been directed to prepare lists of important temples, maths, sants and priests across the state.
Senior party leaders would visit these places and meet the sants and priests to seek support for prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and local party candidates in the Lok Sabha elections.
Sources in the party confirmed that the decision was taken following the consent of party’s state in-charge Amit Shah.
The BJP state unit has sent a letter in this regard to all the office-bearers of state executive committee and district units.
In the last elections, the party had failed to bag even those Lok Sabha seats where important temples and other Hindu religious places are located.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Party state president Laxmikant Bajpai said the party will make an appeal to the sants and priests to garner support for Modi.
A party leader in Faizabad, where Ram Janmabhoomi is located, said the party is preparing a list of over 10,000 such temples and sants there. BJP’s candidate Lallu Singh had lost the Lok Sabha elections there, both in 2009 and 2004. He was also defeated in the Assembly elections from Ayodhya in 2012 when the party had even lost other four seats in the district.
The BJP had won all the five seats only in 1991 — during the Ram Mandir movement.
“A list of temples, maths, ashrams and sants have been prepared. Ram Janmabhoomi and Hanuman Gadhi are two main religious places here and party leaders will meet the seers of these places soon,” said the leader.
Another leader in Allahabad, where the party had lost in 2009 and 2004, said there are more than 200 temples in the city area only. “Party workers are visiting the camps of mahamandleshwars and other Hindu oraganisations set up at Magh Mela ground seeking support for Modi and the BJP,” he said.
At least 5,000 devotees visit maths, mahamandleshwars as well as godmen who usually have a following of several thousand people in almost every district. “If such prominent sants and mahamandleshwars get associated with the BJP, their followers will certainly support the BJP in elections,” said the leader.