In what could be the party’s first test of strength in UP after facing a rout in Lok Sabha elections, Congress is preparing hard to confront the BJP with a “peace march” at Kanth in Moradabad on July 26.
On the directions of the party high command, a special meeting in this regard was called in Delhi on Monday where it was decided that senior party leaders, including former MPs and other leaders led by AICC general secretary Madhusudan Mistry, would participate in the march against the alleged “communal intentions” of the BJP.
BJP has already announced a protest on the Kanth issue on July 26 where party’s MPs, MLAs and other workers from western UP would seek registration of FIR against Moradabad SSP for allegedly assaulting BJP workers in Kanth on July 4.
With BJP already having permission for its protest from the district administration for the protest, Congress has been disallowed from holding the march.
The party, however, will go ahead with the march. “The district administration has asked us to shift our programme but we said we have been asked by our party high-command to hold a peace march and that we have no intention for any clash,” said Aslam Khurshid, officiating city Congress president of Moradabad.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
State president Nirmal Khatri informed that the party has already started preparations for the “peace march”.
“BJP is trying to disturb the peaceful environment in the state by making it communal and thus we have decided to hold a ‘peace march’ on the same day in Kanth to ensure peace. We would follow Gandhian ideology to counter their communal intentions,” said Khatri.
Congress is gathering its workers and party leaders from Delhi and western UP to participate in this march, which would be led by AICC general secretary Madhusudan Mistry.