Two days after all his stolen buffaloes were recovered — and three policemen were sent to Police Lines as punishment posting — senior UP minister Azam Khan Tuesday said his bovines are now more famous than Queen Victoria.
“My buffaloes have such fame, which even Queen Victoria would not have received. Switch on the television and you find bhainsein aagey-aagey, aur main peeche peeche, aur sir pe gobar (the buffaloes walk ahead and I follow them, dung on (my) head),” Azam said in an apparent dig at the media coverage of the animal theft and the controversy that followed it.
Azam was speaking at a programme organised for the launch of three books written by Padma Bhushan Dr Gopal Das `Neeraj’.
Among others, UP governor B L Joshi and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and cabinet minister Shivpal Yadav were present.
Earlier, a caretaker at his Rampur farmhouse had filed a police complaint on Saturday alleging that seven buffaloes had been stolen, the police had pressed in sniffer dogs to trace the animals. Crime branch sleuths and police teams from City Kotwali and Ganj police stations were put on job to find the stolen bovines, which were recovered within 48 hours.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Sub-inspector Sunil Kumar, who was the investigating officer in the case, and and constables Ajay and Vipin were later sent to Police Lines allegedly for dereliction of duty.