Attempting damage control, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday described the last year’s riots in Muzzafarnagar as “unfortunate” and said his government took immediate steps to check them and there was no delay in calling the army.
“Muzaffarnagar incidents were unfortunate… the state government immediately took effective steps to check them…there was no delay in calling the army to control them…every possible help was extended…jobs were made available to the affected families…,” the chief minister said while addressing a seminar of Muslim intellectuals here.
“The National Human Rights Commission is also satisfied with the efforts of the state government in Muzaffarnagar,” the chief minister, who also released a magazine ‘Aiena -2013-14’ on the occasion, said.
Yadav also claimed that no other state can compete with UP as far as development work is concerned.
“Some people are conspiring against the ruling Samajwadi Party as they are afraid of the development work undertaken here,” Yadav said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Making a special mention of the work done by his government for Muslims, Yadav said wide changes have been made for uninterrupted power supply in weavers dominated areas like Mau, Azamgarh and Ambedkarnagar.
Yadav said his government understands the problems of ‘zardozi and chikan’ workers and wanted to provide them better facilities and there is also a plan to make a marketing hub of international standards in Lucknow on 30 arces land for those involved in handicrafts besides one other in Mau district.
He reiterated that his government was committed towards ensuring the interests of the minority community.