Police have put up notices for property attachment at the homes of 21 absconding accused in the five cases of gangrapes in Phugana village here during the last year’s Muzaffarnagar riots.
Earlier, Chief judicial magistrate Narender Kumar had initiated attachment proceedings against the accused.
The court notices were affixed on Friday, police said, adding notices were also put on public places.
The notices asked the accused to surrender or else their properties would be attached, police said.
Meanwhile, Special Investigation Team (SIT) on Saturday approached the court for issuing sought non-bailable arrest warrants against 25 absconding accused in connection with three killing cases at Lank village in the district.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Rahisa, Tahir Waheed and Maherdeen were killed by the rioters during riots in the village, SIT Inspector Ramraten Singh said.
Three separate cases of murder, loot and burning of houses were registered.
Three accused were arrested against whom the chargesheets have already been filed in the court, while the remaining accused are still absconding, Singh said.
Over 60 persons were killed and more than 40,000 displaced in communal violence in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September last year.