BY : FAISAL FAREED
SP leadership Wednesday showcased their unflinching support to Muslim clerics and madrasa teachers at a meeting held at party office, a move to consolidate their position among minorities.
Over 200 clerics and madrasa teachers had come from various districts of eastern Uttar Pradesh for the meet organised by health minister Ahmed Hasan. Hasan had earlier organised a similar meeting of clerics on February 22 and another meeting of muslim female teachers with Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on March 1. Interestingly, the party’s popular Muslim face and senior minister Azam Khan was conspicuous by his absence.
“The clerics have expressed their support to Mulayam. They first offered ‘dua’ for Mulayam and later assured support,” Ahmed Hasan said after the meeting.
“Mulayam told the clerics that defeating communal forces is necessary to protect the social fabric of the country and said people will not forgive Narendra Modi for the massacre of Muslims during the Gujarat riots,” said party spokesperson Rajendra Choudhary, who was also present at the meeting.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Later, the clerics held a meeting with CM Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav.
“Relationship of Netaji (Mulayam) and the Muslim community is very old. Netaji always stood as their voice. It is now necessary to support him for the constitution of a secular third front government,” Akhilesh said.
Ahmed Hasan said not a single Muslim was arrested during Akhilesh Yadav’s regime on terror charges. “In fact, those who were arrested wrongly, were released,” he added. SP office bearers said that more such functions will be held to cement the core base of Muslims.