Several Muslims organisations in Uttar Pradesh have made an appeal to voters from the community to defeat BJP candidates. Voting for 12 seats in the state would be held today.
Some bodies have even opposed SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, highlighting a picture of him shaking hands with BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and party vice-president Kalyan Singh. In Lucknow, organisations such as the Tehriq-e-Umar, Muslim Youth Brothers, etc are distributing pamphlets in Muslim-dominated areas and making their plea in local Urdu newspapers.
Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind, led by Maulana Arshad Madani, has also issued an appeal to Muslims titled ‘Qaum Ke Liye Eik Aham Paigham’. In it, Madani said it is the responsibility of secular forces, especially Muslims, to unite and defeat non-secular forces. Madani warned that not uniting against communal forces and division of Muslim votes would help such forces.
“It is true that we have issued such an appeal. I have done it on two earlier occasions as well. It is our duty to defeat communal forces,” Madani, who is known to share good relations with Mulayam, said.
“There are several secular parties like SP, BSP, Congress and others in different states. We have appealed to vote for candidates of these parties who can defeat BJP,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Another organisation, the Ittehad Social Foundation, has issued a similar appeal, together with pictures of Mulayam with Modi. Mohammad Ismail Khan, the president of the outfit, said this is meant to stop the BJP and the SP from winning. “We have issued our appeal so Muslims become aware and know the real face of Mulayam, who has failed on Muslim issues,” Ismail said.