Several Muslims organisations in Uttar Pradesh have made an appeal to voters from the community to defeat BJP candidates. Voting for 12 seats in the state would be held today.
Some bodies have even opposed SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, highlighting a picture of him shaking hands with BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and party vice-president Kalyan Singh. In Lucknow, organisations such as the Tehriq-e-Umar, Muslim Youth Brothers, etc are distributing pamphlets in Muslim-dominated areas and making their plea in local Urdu newspapers.
Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind, led by Maulana Arshad Madani, has also issued an appeal to Muslims titled ‘Qaum Ke Liye Eik Aham Paigham’. In it, Madani said it is the responsibility of secular forces, especially Muslims, to unite and defeat non-secular forces. Madani warned that not uniting against communal forces and division of Muslim votes would help such forces.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
“It is true that we have issued such an appeal. I have done it on two earlier occasions as well. It is our duty to defeat communal forces,” Madani, who is known to share good relations with Mulayam, said.
“There are several secular parties like SP, BSP, Congress and others in different states. We have appealed to vote for candidates of these parties who can defeat BJP,” he said.
Another organisation, the Ittehad Social Foundation, has issued a similar appeal, together with pictures of Mulayam with Modi. Mohammad Ismail Khan, the president of the outfit, said this is meant to stop the BJP and the SP from winning. “We have issued our appeal so Muslims become aware and know the real face of Mulayam, who has failed on Muslim issues,” Ismail said.