Samajwadi Party (SP) president Mulayam Singh Yadav, addressing Desh Bachao Desh Banao rally in Varanasi on Thursday targeted BJP prime ministerial candidate and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, and blamed a section of the media for making it look like a contest between SP and BJP in the Lok Sabha polls in UP.
Reacting to Modi’s promise to convert UP into Gujarat following its development model, he said Modi had “blood on his hands.” “With people in my support, Modi will never win. He is a killer of humanity,” claimed Mulayam at the party rally.
Modi, at his rally on Thursday, took on Mulayam and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav saying the ruling SP had “destroyed” Uttar Pradesh. For the third time, SP was holding its rally the same day, Modi addressed a rally in UP.
SP leaders did not fail to remind that the crowd at their rally was bigger.
“There is no contest between me and Modi. BJP did not get any leader from UP to challenge me and thus it has brought Modi from Gujarat against me. Modi wants to turn UP into Gujarat which means that Muslims will be massacred here also,” Mulayam stated.
He also recalled an incident in 2002 after the riots when he went to Gujarat and was denied security by Modi government. “Even my life was at risk,” he said.
“People of India prefer a leader who is on ground sharing their joys and sorrows and not someone who has murdered humanity,” he stated.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Mulayam claimed Gujarat development was due to its people. Mulayam defended Akhilesh government terming it as ‘Adarsh Sarkar’ which initiated several welfare schemes for people.
“Taking the plea of Muzaffarnagar riots, some people are attacking the SP government. But can anyone tell which political party has helped Muslims more than SP so far? We have done a lot for the Muslims,” he said.
Comparing the performance of the Gujarat government with that of UP, headed by his son Akhilesh, Mulayam asked the assembled crowd to find out whether the Gujarat government had given unemployment allowances, waived loans of farmers or given special facilities to women. “They have not done any of these….You know BJP doesn’t have any other work but to spread rumours,” he said.
Mulayam blamed the media for spreading canards against the SP. “Political parties are conspiring to defame the SP. A section of the media has unleashed a false campaign against us,” he stated.
“People are angry with both BJP and Congress and have high hopes on us. So it is our responsibility. Policies of Manmohan Singh government has resulted in price rise and corruption. It is now certain that it will lose power,” he stated.
Mulayam also reiterated that no government would be formed after the Lok Sabha elections without the Samajwadi Party(SP).
Attacking Congress-led UPA government at the Centre, the former UP Chief Minister said scams and high inflation have severely hit the economy.
“Now who is responsible for the situation even after such a long time since the country gained independence. In Delhi, barring some time, it is Congress that has been ruling and it still in power. What have they done in these five years? What has happened apart from scams? There have been scams, atrocities, inflation and corruption. Inflation and scams have brought the country to a standstill,” he said. — With PTI inputs