IN a bid to woo Muslims, Mulayam Singh Yadav Sunday said if voted to power, his party would ensure amendments are made in the Constitution for their reservation and said only the SP could prevent Narendra Modi from becoming the Prime Minister.
“Muslamano ne desh ko banaya hai aur musalamano ke liye sanvidhan mein sanshodhan karke arakshan diya jayega (Muslims have made this country, and for Muslims, amendments would be made in the Constitution for their reservation),” the SP supremo said at Government Inter-College Grounds in Etah.
While addressing another election rally backing Akshay Yadav, son of SP national general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav, he said, “Only the SP could prevent Modi from becoming the PM.”
Mulayam said Modi claims that the SP was “spying on BJP people but in reality BJP people were themselves informing him about everything”. He also hit out at Modi saying his development claims in Gujarat are all lies.
Claiming that there was internal split in the BJP, Mulayam said the BJP would never be able to touch the figure of 272 seats in the Lok Sabha elections. He exuded confidence that the third front would form the next government at the centre and the SP would get the highest number seats in LS.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Attacking the Congress, he said its leaders speak in English, but seek vote in Hindi during poll campaigns.
The SP chief also took a dig at Union minister and Congress leader P Chidambaram, saying he was afraid of contesting polls.
Addressing an election rally in Hathras, Mulayam said it would be decided after the elections as to who would be the Prime Minister in the third front government.
The former defence minister accused the UPA government of failing to provide adequate facilities to soldiers on the border. With parties in UP trying to woo Muslim voters, he claimed the SP enjoyed the support of 80 per cent members of the community in the state.