IN a bid to woo Muslims, Mulayam Singh Yadav Sunday said if voted to power, his party would ensure amendments are made in the Constitution for their reservation and said only the SP could prevent Narendra Modi from becoming the Prime Minister.
“Muslamano ne desh ko banaya hai aur musalamano ke liye sanvidhan mein sanshodhan karke arakshan diya jayega (Muslims have made this country, and for Muslims, amendments would be made in the Constitution for their reservation),” the SP supremo said at Government Inter-College Grounds in Etah.
While addressing another election rally backing Akshay Yadav, son of SP national general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav, he said, “Only the SP could prevent Modi from becoming the PM.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Mulayam said Modi claims that the SP was “spying on BJP people but in reality BJP people were themselves informing him about everything”. He also hit out at Modi saying his development claims in Gujarat are all lies.
Claiming that there was internal split in the BJP, Mulayam said the BJP would never be able to touch the figure of 272 seats in the Lok Sabha elections. He exuded confidence that the third front would form the next government at the centre and the SP would get the highest number seats in LS.
Attacking the Congress, he said its leaders speak in English, but seek vote in Hindi during poll campaigns.
The SP chief also took a dig at Union minister and Congress leader P Chidambaram, saying he was afraid of contesting polls.
Addressing an election rally in Hathras, Mulayam said it would be decided after the elections as to who would be the Prime Minister in the third front government.
The former defence minister accused the UPA government of failing to provide adequate facilities to soldiers on the border. With parties in UP trying to woo Muslim voters, he claimed the SP enjoyed the support of 80 per cent members of the community in the state.