region,during a rally in his parliamentary constituency Mainpuri on Thursday.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav,cabinet minister Shivpal Yadav and other leaders are also expected to attend the rally,which is to be held at Christian College ground in the district.
Shakyas who are part of Other Backward Class (OBC) are quite dominant in Mainpuri parliamentary constituency,which comprises the Assembly seats of Mainpuri,Karhal,Bhogaon,Kishni of Mainpuri and Jaswant Nagar of Etawah.
Shakyas are quite dominant in the region and usually opposition parties field candidates from our community. This time we are plugging all loopholes and make it difficult for the opposition to field any Shakya candidate against Netaji (Mulayam), said Alok Shakya who represents Bhogaon assembly seat in Mainpuri and is a minister of state for technical education.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
Usually opposition parties field candidates from our (Shakya) community,who are quite dominant in the region. This time we are plugging all loopholes and make it difficult for the opposition to field any Shakya candidate against Netaji (Mulayam), said Alok Shakya who represents Bhogaon assembly seat in Mainpuri and is a minister of state for technical education.
Shakyas find themselves close to Kushwaha,Saini and Maurya community in Uttar Pradesh. Hence supporters of former BSP minister Babu Singh Kushwaha,currently in jail for National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam,are now working for making Mulayams rally a success.
SP leaders have already weaned away Ashok Shakya who contested against Mulayam in 2004 as BSP candidate and polled 1.22 lakh votes. Ashok Shakya considered close to Kushwaha will be joining the party during the rally.
Mulayam,who is a five-term MP,has represented Mainpuri thrice in 1996,2004 and 2009. Each time his opponent hailed from Shakya community.
Netaji will win this election easily,but we want to create a record of highest margin. This will will send a strong message as we are projecting Netaji as our prime ministerial candidate, Alok Shakya said.
In 1996,Bhagwat Das Shakya polled nearly 1.02 lakh votes as a BSP candidate against Mulayam,while in 2004 Ashok Shakya polled 1.22 lakh votes as BSP candidate from Mainpuri.
In 2009,Mulayam faced double challenge with BJP fielding
famous bhajan singer Tripti Shakya and BSP fielding Vinay Shakya. Both the candidates polled nearly 2.75 lakh votes against Mulayam.