region,during a rally in his parliamentary constituency Mainpuri on Thursday.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav,cabinet minister Shivpal Yadav and other leaders are also expected to attend the rally,which is to be held at Christian College ground in the district.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Shakyas who are part of Other Backward Class (OBC) are quite dominant in Mainpuri parliamentary constituency,which comprises the Assembly seats of Mainpuri,Karhal,Bhogaon,Kishni of Mainpuri and Jaswant Nagar of Etawah.
Shakyas are quite dominant in the region and usually opposition parties field candidates from our community. This time we are plugging all loopholes and make it difficult for the opposition to field any Shakya candidate against Netaji (Mulayam), said Alok Shakya who represents Bhogaon assembly seat in Mainpuri and is a minister of state for technical education.
Usually opposition parties field candidates from our (Shakya) community,who are quite dominant in the region. This time we are plugging all loopholes and make it difficult for the opposition to field any Shakya candidate against Netaji (Mulayam), said Alok Shakya who represents Bhogaon assembly seat in Mainpuri and is a minister of state for technical education.
Shakyas find themselves close to Kushwaha,Saini and Maurya community in Uttar Pradesh. Hence supporters of former BSP minister Babu Singh Kushwaha,currently in jail for National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam,are now working for making Mulayams rally a success.
SP leaders have already weaned away Ashok Shakya who contested against Mulayam in 2004 as BSP candidate and polled 1.22 lakh votes. Ashok Shakya considered close to Kushwaha will be joining the party during the rally.
Mulayam,who is a five-term MP,has represented Mainpuri thrice in 1996,2004 and 2009. Each time his opponent hailed from Shakya community.
Netaji will win this election easily,but we want to create a record of highest margin. This will will send a strong message as we are projecting Netaji as our prime ministerial candidate, Alok Shakya said.
In 1996,Bhagwat Das Shakya polled nearly 1.02 lakh votes as a BSP candidate against Mulayam,while in 2004 Ashok Shakya polled 1.22 lakh votes as BSP candidate from Mainpuri.
In 2009,Mulayam faced double challenge with BJP fielding
famous bhajan singer Tripti Shakya and BSP fielding Vinay Shakya. Both the candidates polled nearly 2.75 lakh votes against Mulayam.