With elections fast approaching, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Tuesday gave a 10-day ultimatum to party ministers and babus in UP to “mend their ways” or face the sack and even ticked off his son and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav asking him to keep distance from “sycophants”.
Addressing a gathering at CM’s 5 Kalidas Marg residence here, Mulayam, while pointing at cabinet minister Mohd Azam Khan, said, “In your government, sycophants are ruling the roost” and added that the state government was “weakening” the party with its performance.
“Ministers and officers, you all should mend your ways within 10 days,” he said.
Turning to the CM, Mulayam said, “You (Akhilesh) should not fall in the trap of sycophants. You have become habitual of hearing ‘Sir’…. The outcome of those, who fall in the trap of sycophants, is not good.” He said the state government should not sit on files related to roads, electricity and water projects.
“I have not reviewed the performance of ministers in the state government but I know what they are doing. Ministers and officers, you all should mend your ways within 10 days….
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The party is bigger than the government…. This government is weakening the party,” said Mulayam, who has in the past too voiced unhappiness of the functioning of the Akhilesh government.
“Some persons are trying to betray me and think that they will continue as ministers…”, he warned.
As he was advising son Akhilesh, Azam interrupted him in an attempt to give a clarification saying the government was being run as per the directives of the SP supremo.
“Ab to kabr me hi jana baki hai… baki zindgi to apke naam kar di (I have devoted all the life to you…. Now, only going to grave is left),” Khan said.
Yadav said that officers should take prompt decision on files instead of holding them and government should provide facilities like roads, electricity and water to the people.
“This is not a difficult task,” he emphasised.
Taking pot-shots at previous Mayawati government, Mulayam alleged that no work was done in the power sector in the previous regime, which left the state backward.
“The present government is concentrating on power sector and electricity is important for all the works be it agriculture or other,” he said.
On the occasion, inauguration of power projects worth Rs 3926 crore was also held and power purchase agreements of 1361 MW were also signed.
Akhilesh said that in the days to come people would get a chance to evaluate the works done by SP, BJP, BSP and Congress and they would have different picture of the SP in their minds.
He said that the government was trying to ensure 22-24 hour power in urban areas and 16-18 hours power in rural areas by 2016.