Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav Wednesday constituted an 18-member election coordination committee headed by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
He also asked all ministers in the Akhilesh Yadav government to shun differences and ensure the victory of party candidates in their parliamentary constituencies.
“I have reports about your performance and behaviour. It is better to shun the differences and work for SP candidate. This is the most important election for me,” Mulayam reportedly said during a closed-door meeting with ministers at SP office in Lucknow.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The SP chief reportedly advised the ministers to remain in their areas, hear grievances of the people and remain connected with them.
“Whatever be the issue, you should keep in mind that Mulayam Singh is contesting the election. The differences can be sorted out at a later stage. We need to win the elections,” Mulayam was quoted as telling the ministers.
Talking about the Gonda, where SP is scheduled to hold a rally on February 3, he told the ministers that they “can give it in writing about the welfare projects, which can be announced”.
It is reported that roads worth Rs 107 crore and projects regarding several new town areas will be announced during the Gonda rally. “Before the model code of conduct is enforced, you should do at least one work in your department, which sends good message among the people,” he reportedly said.
Earlier, he announced an 18-member election coordination committee headed by Akhilesh and comprising Shivpal Yadav, Rajendra Choudhary, Ramgovind Choudhary and several other ministers. Ahmed Hasan is the lone Muslim member in the committee.