Yadav was campaigning in Ghazipur, where SP has given ticket to Kushwaha’s wife Shivkanya Kushwaha.
Justifying party’s decision to choose Shivkanya as LS candidate from Ghazipur, Yadav said, “Kushwaha is innocent. Those who are guilty are outside (jail) and he is behind bars.”
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
He appealed to public to vote for Shivkanya, claiming that she had put her trust in the people.
Kushwaha, minister of family welfare in BSP regime, is in jail for the last two years as one of the main accused in multi-crore NRHM scam of Uttar Pradesh, a scam quoted frequently by SP leaders including CM Akhilesh Yadav and Health Minister Ahmad Hasan to highlight the corruption during former Mayawati government in the state.
Yadav also addressed an election rally in Jaunpur while his rally at Chandauli had to be postponed due to technical snag in his chopper, which delayed the schedules of the rallies, said party sources.