Yadav was campaigning in Ghazipur, where SP has given ticket to Kushwaha’s wife Shivkanya Kushwaha.
Justifying party’s decision to choose Shivkanya as LS candidate from Ghazipur, Yadav said, “Kushwaha is innocent. Those who are guilty are outside (jail) and he is behind bars.”
He appealed to public to vote for Shivkanya, claiming that she had put her trust in the people.
Kushwaha, minister of family welfare in BSP regime, is in jail for the last two years as one of the main accused in multi-crore NRHM scam of Uttar Pradesh, a scam quoted frequently by SP leaders including CM Akhilesh Yadav and Health Minister Ahmad Hasan to highlight the corruption during former Mayawati government in the state.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
Yadav also addressed an election rally in Jaunpur while his rally at Chandauli had to be postponed due to technical snag in his chopper, which delayed the schedules of the rallies, said party sources.