Minister of State for Railways Manoj Sinha has set up a helpline desk for the people of his constituency, Ghazipur, for redressal of their grievances. The toll free helpline number (01246170333) received over 2,000 calls in the first 24 hours since it started Monday.
The helpline operates from a office in Mirzapur by professionals assigned to receive calls and then respond to issues taking help from local BJP leaders under the supervision of the minister.
The mobile users, upon dialling the helpline number, receive confirmation through an SMS, informing them that they will be contacted in 24 hours.“The staff at the office then calls back the caller and notes down his problems and suggestions. The information is then forwarded to officers concerned and local BJP leaders,” Sinha said.
“Mantrijii is personally monitoring all the calls. A detailed report is given to him every day in the evening after which he goes through the complaints. He gives us necessary directions and also speaks to the caller if necessary. The complainant is also informed about the action taken on his complaint,” said Sunil Singh, BJP general secretary, Ghazipur.
He informed that the majority of complaints have been about the stoppage of superfast trains at some railway stations and other issues at the railway stations.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
About the need of such helpline, Sinha said, “As a minister, I have to spend time in Delhi. When the Parliament session is on, the helpline number is a medium through which I remain connected with the people of my constituency. People are contacting for various problems including issues related to the police as well.”