BJP MP Priyanka Singh Rawat on Sunday withdrew her decision to appoint her father Uttam Ram as her official representative. The The Indian Express had carried a report in this regard on May 31.
Priyanka, a first-time MP who had defeated Congress stalwart P L Punia from Barabanki, had issued a letter appointing her father Uttam Ram as her representative for executing all government and development work in her constituency. He was also authorised to represent her in all official meetings at district level. Ram’s appointment was done on May 26, the day Prime Minister Narendra Modi was sworn in at New Delhi.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
On Sunday, Priyanka issued a letter stating that her order appointing Uttam Ram had been withdrawn. No reason was given for removing Ram. Later, she told mediapersons that Ram had been appointed on a temporary basis and the next appointment will be done in consultation with the local BJP unit.
Priyanka earlier claimed that she had appointed her father due to infighting in the local BJP unit. She had issued her own circular and sent its copy to all district level officers including DM, SP, CDO and even SDM and CO level officers. Local BJP workers were also annoyed over decision as it meant imposing her father on them who lives in Lucknow.
Earlier, to discourage the system of ministers appointing relatives as personal staff, the Modi government, in its first order, said ministers will have to choose from a general pool.