BJP MP Priyanka Singh Rawat on Sunday withdrew her decision to appoint her father Uttam Ram as her official representative. The The Indian Express had carried a report in this regard on May 31.
Priyanka, a first-time MP who had defeated Congress stalwart P L Punia from Barabanki, had issued a letter appointing her father Uttam Ram as her representative for executing all government and development work in her constituency. He was also authorised to represent her in all official meetings at district level. Ram’s appointment was done on May 26, the day Prime Minister Narendra Modi was sworn in at New Delhi.
On Sunday, Priyanka issued a letter stating that her order appointing Uttam Ram had been withdrawn. No reason was given for removing Ram. Later, she told mediapersons that Ram had been appointed on a temporary basis and the next appointment will be done in consultation with the local BJP unit.
Priyanka earlier claimed that she had appointed her father due to infighting in the local BJP unit. She had issued her own circular and sent its copy to all district level officers including DM, SP, CDO and even SDM and CO level officers. Local BJP workers were also annoyed over decision as it meant imposing her father on them who lives in Lucknow.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Earlier, to discourage the system of ministers appointing relatives as personal staff, the Modi government, in its first order, said ministers will have to choose from a general pool.