Denying the police theory of holding a security guard alone for the alleged rape and murder of the woman in Mohanlalganj area, victim’s family members sat on an indefinite dharna at the Gandhi statue in city’s Hazratganj area on Wednesday demanding a CBI probe into the case and have claimed that if their demands were not met they would go for hunger strike.
The family reportedly have submitted a letter requesting for CBI investigation to Governor House along with representation to President, PM and to UP Chief Minister.
Victim’s family denied to admit that crime was executed by a single person and said police are trying to shield some persons involved in the incident..
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“We can not believe that the accused had single-handedly committed the crime. Moreover, police claimed that weapon used in the crime was motorcycle’s key and helmet which is not possible”, Victim’s brother-in-law said, adding that there are several loopholes in the police theory.
Another family member said, there is also confusion over the autopsy report. The report states victim’s age as 25 while actually she was 36-years-old.
“Postmortem report shows victim’s both kidneys intact. However, in 2011, she had donated one kidney to her husband. Since there is so much confusion on autopsy findings we demand that investigation should be transferred to CBI,” the relative said.
The woman’s naked body was found on Thursday morning with critical injuries in her private parts. Two-days later police arrested a private security Ram Sewak holding him the only accused for killing the woman following a rape attempt. The victim had sustained 12 injuries maximum on her private parts.