With Congress supporters set to stage protests in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s constituency of Varanasi on May 25 to expose the alleged failures of the NDA government on completion of its one year in office, BJP top leadership has asked its workers to highlight its “achievements” in a low key manner in the city.
Instructions have been issued not to take out a march or a rally, burst crackers on the streets and to stay away from indulging in a scuffle with Congress or SP workers if they raise anti-Modi slogans or speak against the NDA regime.
- PM Narendra Modi in Tripura: We will win and uproot last red flag
- Tripura Assembly Elections: In run-up to polls, how BJP built its army for battle against Left
- BJP continued march in 2017 but faced resistance in Gujarat
- Gujarat-Himachal elections result: ‘BJP’s ‘bullet train’ of development emerges victorious, says Mumbai BJP chief
- Five reasons why BJP won in Gujarat; one is MODI, here are the other four
- Gujarat polls LIVE UPDATES: 60-70% of Modi’s speeches are about himself, talk about Gujarat’s future instead, Rahul Gandhi tells PM
“Party workers have been asked to avoid clash with Opposition parties and to ensure that no procession or any such act, which could effect normal life and communicate a wrong message against our MP and PM Narendra Modi, is undertaken,” said said state BJP spokesperson in Varanasi, Ashok Pandey.
Party president for Kashi region, Laxman Acharya, said BJP wants to focus on highlighting the achievements of the Modi government’s one year in office by meeting people and distributing pamphlets containing details of works done by the Centre.
“There is no need to take out any celebratory procession or stage protest against the state government when NDA government is completing one year. Workers have to focus on ‘Mahasampark Abhiyan’ beginning May 24 and apprise people of the policies and achievements of the Modi government in a more effective and convincing manner,” he added.
Acharya further said that BJP offices, including those in Mahanagar and the regional unit, will be lit up and sweets distributed among workers to mark the occasion.
Mahanagar BJP president Pramod Agrahari said on May 24, Mahasampark Abhiyan will begin from Mughalsarai, where party ideologue Deendayal Upadhyay had died.
On Thursday, party workers started distributing saffron-coloured umbrellas among street vendors carrying BJP symbol ‘lotus’ in Varanasi.
The youth wing is also set to hold seminars on flagship schemes of the Modi government, including Beti Bachao-Beti padhao and Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.