Continuing the war of words, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav took potshots at the BJP’s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi by calling himself “a rock that will send Modi-wave back”. He was addressing an election meetings at Kasganj and Mainpuri on Wednesday.
“Where is Modi wave? Is it on the ground or in the sky? I do not see any wave. We are like a rock and any wave will bounce back after crashing with us,” the chief minister said in response to a question about ‘Modi wave’ phenomenon in the state.
“To create this wave, the BJP has spent Rs 10,000 crore. But it still could not create any wave here (in UP).”
In all his three meetings on Wednesday, Akhilesh remained focussed on Modi. He chided the Gujarat CM over his remarks on Gujarat lions brought in UP for Lion Safari in Etawah.
“There is no need to worry, we will not let the lions escape from the cages in Etawah.” He claimed Modi’s nomination as his party’s PM candidate was done at the behest of Vishwa Hindu Parishad and the RSS.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
At the Patiyali meeting in Kasganj, the Chief Minister cautioned the Muslims and appealed to them to remain united. “Remember that no party is getting the majority. Only SP can stop Modi. Don’t err in your decision. Stop Modi from coming to power. Remain united as the BJP believes in division,” he said.
Akhilesh also urged the Election Commission of India to take action against BJP leaders’ remarks where they have stated to bring down the SP government if Modi comes to power.
“It is not permissible in democratic set up to threaten an elected government. EC should take action on these remarks.”
The chief minister, who is shouldering the burden of campaigning for his party, has addressed over 65 meetings in the state so far.
Modi will usurp your land: CM to forest dwellers
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has warned forest dwellers of BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi’s corporate agenda of usurping forest land.
The party also gave a slogan — Modi Harao, Dharti Maa Bachao — during its first-ever interaction with them on Tuesday.
Akhilesh also assured the forest dwellers, who are regarded as successor of Eklavya who had sacrificed his thumb, to return their dues.
Forest dwellers are in good numbers in Robertsganj, Kheri, Dhaurahra, Gonda, Bahraich, Mirzapur, Banda and Lalitpur. ens