BJP’s Awadh region secretary and in-charge for stage preparation Rajeev Mishra said: “Since Lucknow is the karmbhoomi of Atalji, the stage will be dedicated to him and we will have his photograph in the backdrop.” Mishra said all the hoardings will have the former PM’s photograph.
Party state secretary Daya Shankar Singh said the BJP had come to power when Atal had won from Lucknow. “To win 272 seats, Atalji’s blessings are essential,” Singh said.
A senior leader said the party had earlier planned to set up a replica of Lucknow’s famous Lord Shiva’s Mankameshwar Temple at the rally, but the idea was dropped and the top brass has decided to display a giant photograph of Vajpayee with some of his popular quotes.
In the past seven regional rallies, Atal’s photograph was missing from the main stage and his appearance was limited to small cut-outs. In various rallies, the party had showcased local artisans and industry.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Interestingly, Modi’s Sunday rally will be organised at Ramabai Ambedkar Maidan, which is adjacent to Amar Shaeed Path initiated by the Atal government.
When asked, party state president Laxmikant Bajpai said 345 hoardings and 1,500 cut-outs of different leaders including Atal will be set up in Lucknow before Sunday’s rally.