BJP’s Awadh region secretary and in-charge for stage preparation Rajeev Mishra said: “Since Lucknow is the karmbhoomi of Atalji, the stage will be dedicated to him and we will have his photograph in the backdrop.” Mishra said all the hoardings will have the former PM’s photograph.
Party state secretary Daya Shankar Singh said the BJP had come to power when Atal had won from Lucknow. “To win 272 seats, Atalji’s blessings are essential,” Singh said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
A senior leader said the party had earlier planned to set up a replica of Lucknow’s famous Lord Shiva’s Mankameshwar Temple at the rally, but the idea was dropped and the top brass has decided to display a giant photograph of Vajpayee with some of his popular quotes.
In the past seven regional rallies, Atal’s photograph was missing from the main stage and his appearance was limited to small cut-outs. In various rallies, the party had showcased local artisans and industry.
Interestingly, Modi’s Sunday rally will be organised at Ramabai Ambedkar Maidan, which is adjacent to Amar Shaeed Path initiated by the Atal government.
When asked, party state president Laxmikant Bajpai said 345 hoardings and 1,500 cut-outs of different leaders including Atal will be set up in Lucknow before Sunday’s rally.