Prime Minister Narendra Modi met Varanasi Mayor Ram Gopal Mohley in Delhi on Thursday to discuss the civic issues of his parliamentary constituency and providing basic amenities to the people.
The Mayor had earlier sought time from Modi for the meeting that lasted around 45 minutes. “I have been asked to ensure that the immediate focus should be on a clean city with provision for basic civic amenities to the people. I had gone with a proposed development plan, which he listened to attentively, and asked me to have a detailed discussion with his officials in South Block,” he said after returning to Varanasi on Friday.
Mohley said he discussed the development plan with PMO officials, including Joint Secretaries A K Sharma and Bharat Lal as well as Personal Secretary Tanmay Mehta. “The PM’s focus for his constituency is on four things — functional solid waste management and sewage system in the city, beautification in accordance with the spiritual capital, empowering weavers, and planning a new township. He told me Varanasi is the cultural and spiritual capital of the country and the development plan should also be in that accordance,” said Mohley.
Mohle also complained to the PM about the lax attitude of the state government. He presented the letters he had reportedly written to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav as well as former Union Ministers for development projects in Varanasi but failed to get any response.
“About 450-520 metric tonnes of waste is generated in Varanasi every day but there is no management to dispose them. A solid waste management plant was established in 2009 by a company but it was closed in 2012 in the absence of any planning by the state government. The report on that plan has also been given to the PM,” he said.
The Mayor informed that he would constitute a team of municipal corporation officers to have discussions with officials in Delhi on feasibility of sewage treatment and solid waste management projects.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More