Alleging that Narendra Modi has made false claims of being from a backward caste, BSP chief Mayawati Saturday said the BJP PM nominee was lying to the people of Varanasi as well as the entire country.
Mayawati told the newsmen that it was clear Modi did not belong to a backward caste, which is why he was not revealing his caste despite repeated queries. “By giving false information about his caste, Modi has tried to mislead the innocent people of UP and Bihar and take political advantage,” she said.
The BSP chief said it was again a lie when Modi said he had never indulged in caste politics. “A day before he gave the statement, Modi had had tried to mislead the people by linking “neech rajniti” (lowly politics) remarks (by Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi) with a particular caste,” Mayawati said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Mayawati said Modi did not even spare “Ganga Ma” with his lies. After filing his nominations, Modi had said he had come to Varanasi not on his own but on Ganga Maa’s (Ganga river) call.
“People are unable to understand why will Ganga call a person like Modi by sending away sitting MP Murli Manohar Joshi to other place. Modi did not spare Ganga Ma either while speaking a lie,” Mayawati said.
Responding to Modi’s remark that his silence was more powerful than his words, Mayawati said it will be in the interest of the BJP leader’s public image and for the country if he speaks less. “Whatever Modi speaks, it lacks truth and knowledge of history, and has content that can disturb communal harmony.”
Drawing the Election Commission’s attention, Mayawati said that BJP, AAP, SP and Congress had brought people from other districts and states for their roadshows in Varanasi. “These outsiders are still in Varanasi, they can do anything to benefit the BJP on polling day. The Election Commission should send these people out of the district immediately to ensure free and fair polls,” Mayawati said.
She said the EC should keep a strict watch during polling in Varanasi and Azamgarh. Stating that neither NDA nor UPA will not get a clear majority, Mayawati said “if the BSP gets the opportunity to form government, it will run the government in the interest of all sections of society and strengthen secular forces”.