Mulayam, contesting from Mainpuri that votes April 24, was talking to party workers after filing his nomination for the April 30 Azamgarh poll.
Reading out 24 points comparing Gujarat with UP, Mulayam said, “In Gujarat, farmers get only seven hours of power, fertiliser is costliest, VAT on diesel and petrol is the highest, 17 districts do not have clean drinking water facilities… the condition of pregnant women is the worst.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
About Modi, he said, “I have never seen such a liar and fraud politician. He changes 500 kurtas a day and wears a new kurta to every meeting. His drama will end in UP during the elections.” Modi is contesting Varanasi in UP.
Mulayam alleged that 44,000 children have gone missing during Modi’s regime, and the Metro rail announced in Gujarat 2003 has not moved forward while work is moving fast for the Lucknow Metro.
Mulayam predicted that in three years UP will be the most developed state in the country. Highlighting the welfare schemes of the Akhilesh Yadav government, he said Gujarat doesn’t have unemployment allowance, Kanya Vidya Dhan, and free laptops for students.
He claimed medical services are the worst in Gujarat while UP offers free treatment even for chronic ailments. Mulayam went on to announce that UP will make education free from July.
Mulayam said most industrialists hail from Gujarat. “Ambani is from Gujarat. Adani too is there. Modi’s campaign is funded from their resources,” he stated.
Mulayam, contesting from Azamgarh for the first time, told young voters, “You made Akhilesh CM but what about me? Mujhe nahi jitaogey?”
BJP candidate MP Ramakant Yadav too filed his nomination papers Tuesday. There were some tense moments when his supporters shouting “Modi, Modi” came face to face with SP workers shouting “Mulayam, Mulayam”.