The Allahabad High Court Thursday directed the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) to file an affidavit with regard to a PIL in which it has been alleged that adequate and proper medical services were not being provided in the state-run Motilal Nehru Medical College (MNMC) and hospital attached to it because many of its doctors were not adhering to the rules and were involved in private practice. Also, it was alleged that quality doctors were not being appointed in the hospital.
Passing the order Justices Sudhir Agarwal and Suneet Kumar also allowed the impleadment of the UPPSC as a party in the petition. The PIL has been filed by Ravi Singh, an advocate, through his counsel Komal Mehrotra. The matter will come up for further hearing on June 30.
Mehrotra said: “Medical college authorities had submitted that the UPPSC conducts the examinations and sends eligibility list to the government on the basis of which doctors, professors, lecturers are appointed. Hence, the UPPSC has come into the picture.”
The court has further directed impleadment of two doctors, including the head of department of orthopaedics.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review