Before rumours about Prime Minister Narendra Modi pulling up Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh’s son for “alleged misconduct” could die down, Union Home Ministry officials have traced a Facebook post with details of the alleged episode.
The post, made from the profile of one Manish Kumar, was being circulated widely on the social networking site over the past fortnight. Sources close to Singh said the minister contemplated legal action against the person and the ministry had initiated the process of tracing the person’s identity.
“The minister was furious about the reports that were being circulated in the social media. A couple of days ago, he convened a meeting and asked people close to him to initiate legal proceedings against the person. Of course the message was being circulated through a fake profile,” said a home ministry official.
After the rumours about his son Pankaj, who is a BJP leader from Uttar Pradesh, gained ground, the home minister informed the Prime Minister and party president Amit Shah.
“We have been hearing about the episode through several quarters but the minister thought it would die down on its own. When the allegations started gaining a strong ground, he decided to take a concrete step and informed the PM and the party president. After this, he decided to speak to the media on Tuesday in a hurriedly called press conference outside North Block. He knew it was being done at the behest of somebody and it had to be tackled with an iron hand,” said the official.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
After Singh addressed the media, dismissing the rumour that his son had been pulled up by the PM, the PMO also issued a statement, followed by a similar rebuttal from party president Amit Shah.