The Uttar Pradesh government on Friday ordered a high-level administrative inquiry into the violent clash in Saharanpur on July 26, which left three persons dead and over 30 injured, a senior officer said.
“The inquiry has been handed over to the Divisional Commissioner of Meerut and he will submit his report to the government within two months,” Uttar Pradesh Home Secretary Kamal Saxena said. The point of inquiry would include finding out reasons behind the incident, fixing responsibility of officials who were lax in preventing it, the victims of the violence and loss caused to the property.
The Divisional Commissioner had also been asked to give necessary suggestions to check recurrence of such incidents in future.
The state government on Friday constituted another committee to probe into the clash. This committee headed by PWD Minister Shivpal Yadav would visit Saharanpur and after going through all the aspects will submit its report to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, Samajwadi Party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury had said.
The other committee members are Technical Education Minister Shivakant Ojha, Minister of State for Rural Development Arvind Singh Gope, minister Ashu Malik and SP’s Moradabad District President Haji Ikram Qureshi. Clashes between two communities over a land dispute in Saharanpur had left three persons dead and 34 injured. As many as 165 shops and handcarts and 42 vehicles were set ablaze during the violence.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More