Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Friday said the media is critical of his government as his party is bad at publicising the good work. He said he needed to learn the art of “management” of the media.
Akhilesh was addressing a gathering during the launch of 102 National Ambulance Service, expected to be the largest ambulance service in the world with a fleet of 1,972 ambulances.
The 102 ambulance scheme aims at improving maternal and infant mortality rates in the state and increase institutional delivery by transporting pregnant women and newborns to the hospital.
Targeting the media for the “negative publicity” of his government, Yadav said: “Even as we do good work, it gets media coverage for just one day. The very next day, the media comes up with some negative news against us.”
“The Samajwadi Party is good at work, not in publicity,” said the CM repeatedly. “It is the age of management, it seems we should also learn management (of media).”
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
Meanwhile, Health Minister Ahmad Hasan, who had declared in a similar function earlier this week that UP is the only state where both the DGP and the Chief Secretary are Muslims, went a step further today and said there are several collectors (District Magistrates) from the Muslim community in UP.
“In the last government, there wasn’t a single collector who was Muslim. No other government has as many Muslim collectors as the SP government,” said Hasan.
He went on to say that the SP government has distributed about Rs 200 crore among the riot victims.
After Hasan’s comments, Akhilesh again tried to defend his government.
“Some people say the Samajwadi Party is only the party of the Muslims. Even the Supreme Court has asked us about the issue. The Samajwadi Party does not discriminate amongst anyone.”