Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Friday said the media is critical of his government as his party is bad at publicising the good work. He said he needed to learn the art of “management” of the media.
Akhilesh was addressing a gathering during the launch of 102 National Ambulance Service, expected to be the largest ambulance service in the world with a fleet of 1,972 ambulances.
The 102 ambulance scheme aims at improving maternal and infant mortality rates in the state and increase institutional delivery by transporting pregnant women and newborns to the hospital.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Targeting the media for the “negative publicity” of his government, Yadav said: “Even as we do good work, it gets media coverage for just one day. The very next day, the media comes up with some negative news against us.”
“The Samajwadi Party is good at work, not in publicity,” said the CM repeatedly. “It is the age of management, it seems we should also learn management (of media).”
Meanwhile, Health Minister Ahmad Hasan, who had declared in a similar function earlier this week that UP is the only state where both the DGP and the Chief Secretary are Muslims, went a step further today and said there are several collectors (District Magistrates) from the Muslim community in UP.
“In the last government, there wasn’t a single collector who was Muslim. No other government has as many Muslim collectors as the SP government,” said Hasan.
He went on to say that the SP government has distributed about Rs 200 crore among the riot victims.
After Hasan’s comments, Akhilesh again tried to defend his government.
“Some people say the Samajwadi Party is only the party of the Muslims. Even the Supreme Court has asked us about the issue. The Samajwadi Party does not discriminate amongst anyone.”