The Samajwadi Party government has decided the new postings for IAS officers who enjoyed a special clout under previous Mayawati government. As soon as the new government was formed under Akhilesh Yadav on March 15,these babus were made to exit the Chief Ministers Office where they were posted during the previous regime. They were kept in waiting for new postings since. The government on Thursday shifted 17 of them to posts that have little clout and minimal perks.
* Senior IAS officer Kunwar Fateh Bahadur,who held two key posts Principal Secretary,Home and Principal Secretary,Appointment under the previous Mayawati government,has been shunted out as Principal Secretary,Religious Endowment Department. Bahadur was said to be very close to Mayawati.
* Navneet Sehgal,who held several important posts such as Secretary-rank officer in the CMO,Chairman cum MD of the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited,Chairman cum MD,UPSIDC,Kanpur and Secretary,Power,has been shunted out as Member (judicial),Revenue Board,Allahabad.
* Ravinder Singh,who was posted as Additional cabinet secretary,has been asked to join as Principal Secretary,Sports and Youth Welfare Department.
* S P Goyal,who was chief staff officer in the office of Cabinet Secretary Shashank Shekhar Singh,has been posted as Secretary,Secretariat Administration Department.
* Durga Shankar Mishra,who was Principal Secretary to former CM Mayawati,will now join as Principal Secretary,Minor Irrigation Department. Netram,who was posted as Principal Secretary to Mayawati,is now Principal Secretary,National Integration Department.
* Mohinder Singh,who was chairman of NOIDA and Yamuna Expressway during a major part of the previous Mayawati government,has been made Principal Secretary,General Administration Department.
* Anil Sant and Chandra Bhanu,who were posted as secretary-rank officer in CMO during the previous government,have been shunted out as as Member (Judicial),Revenue Board,Allahabad and Secretary,Civil Defence and Political Pension department respectively.
* Ashish Kumar Goyal has been made Commissioner-cum-Secretary,Revenue Board,Lucknow and Director,Land Acquisition,Board of Revenue,Lucknow.
* Mohammed Mustafa,Secretary,Science and Technology,has been given additional charge of Commissioner,Consolidation,UP. A K Verma,Secretary,Human Rights Department,has been given additional charge of Director (Administration),Medical and Health department.
* Meanwhile,Avanish Awasthi,who is chairman-cum-MD,UPPCL,has been given additional charge of MD,State Power Transmission Corporation,Lucknow.
* Ranjan Kumar,Special Secretary,Medical Education Department,has been made new DM of Prabudhanagar district. Vijay Vishwas Pant,who was DM,Sonbhadra,has been made MD,Purvanchal Power Distribution Corporation,Varanasi.