BSP chief Mayawati Friday urged the Election Commission to take cognizance of the extensive media coverage of the roadshow and filing of nomination papers by BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Varanasi on Thursday even when the sixth phase of polling was underway across the country.
Talking to reporters at her residence here, she said the EC should take some steps in this regard so that no party gets undue advantage.
Claiming that the money of capitalists has gone into creating a hype in the media to favour BJP, she said the party will return the favour to these businessmen if it comes to power.
She also alleged that the BJP has not only managed the media but also the astrologers of the country.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
About the presence of a large number of people during Modi’s roadshow in Varanasi, she said most of the crowd was from outside the city.
Stressing that the EC should be cautious about any attempt of religious polarisation in eastern UP, especially in Varanasi by the BJP and SP for political benefits, the BSP chief demanded that security of all temples and mosques must be handed over to the central forces.
She underlined there have been huge crowds at her public meetings and they included not only Dalits but also OBCs, Muslims and upper castes.
She said when Modi wanted to take on Congress in the fight for PM’s post, he should have contested from Amethi against “Congress’s Yuvraj Rahul Gandhi who is the undeclared PM candidate of his party”.
Answering a question, she said Mulayam will never be able to become PM as people know that someone who cannot control UP will not be able to run the country. “There is poor law and order in UP. No development is taking place. There is no question of him becoming the PM,” she said.