BSP chief Mayawati Friday urged the Election Commission to take cognizance of the extensive media coverage of the roadshow and filing of nomination papers by BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Varanasi on Thursday even when the sixth phase of polling was underway across the country.
Talking to reporters at her residence here, she said the EC should take some steps in this regard so that no party gets undue advantage.
Claiming that the money of capitalists has gone into creating a hype in the media to favour BJP, she said the party will return the favour to these businessmen if it comes to power.
She also alleged that the BJP has not only managed the media but also the astrologers of the country.
About the presence of a large number of people during Modi’s roadshow in Varanasi, she said most of the crowd was from outside the city.
Stressing that the EC should be cautious about any attempt of religious polarisation in eastern UP, especially in Varanasi by the BJP and SP for political benefits, the BSP chief demanded that security of all temples and mosques must be handed over to the central forces.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
She underlined there have been huge crowds at her public meetings and they included not only Dalits but also OBCs, Muslims and upper castes.
She said when Modi wanted to take on Congress in the fight for PM’s post, he should have contested from Amethi against “Congress’s Yuvraj Rahul Gandhi who is the undeclared PM candidate of his party”.
Answering a question, she said Mulayam will never be able to become PM as people know that someone who cannot control UP will not be able to run the country. “There is poor law and order in UP. No development is taking place. There is no question of him becoming the PM,” she said.