Mayawati was unanimously re-elected as BSP national president at a meeting of party’s central executive committee and state office-bearers from all state units held at her residence here on Saturday.
A party statement said the former UP chief minister was elected as national president after the elections were held according to the formalities of the BSP constitution.
Mayawati thanked all party office-bearers after her re-election and “promised to carry on the struggle to lead the movement towards its destination”, the statement added.
Mayawati has been the national president of the BSP since September 18, 2003, when she replaced the party’s founder-president Kanshi Ram.
Ahead of the meeting, she hit out at the Samajwadi Party government, saying most of its decisions were only in paper and did not result in any improvement in law and order or development.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“It is the habit of this government to get a decision cleared by the Cabinet and then publicise it. These decisions hardly help anyone on the ground,” she said while talking about the state government’s decision to set up fast-track courts for crimes against women.
Mayawati alleged cane farmers were suffering in the state as the SP government is hand-in-glove with the sugar mill owners.
She said Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav’s visit to the Netherlands to attract investment will not bring any change as there are many small and middle industries in UP that need to be promoted.
Mayawati also attacked the NDA government and Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
She claimed the Centre’s new Pradhanmantri Jan Dhan Yojana, which provides for a free zero balance bank account with a debit card, Rs 1 lakh accidental insurance and Rs 30,000 medical insurance, will not help the poor because it is very difficult to get the insurance claims processed, and alleged that the NDA government has continued schemes started by previous governments for financial assistance of poor.
Responding to the allegations against Home Minister Rajnath Singh’s son, Mayawati said: “With this type of incident you can yourself predict what is going to happen to the BJP.”
She said she will hold a meeting of party’s office-bearers and workers Sunday where the rise in incidents of communal violence ever since BJP came to power and the law and order situation in UP will be discussed.