BSP chief Mayawati on Monday slammed the BJP and its PM candidate Narendra Modi soon after they tried to reach out to the Dalit vote on the occasion of B R Ambedkar’s birth anniversary today. She said when polls come, they see Dalits as Hindus but later they do not even like to sit with them.
Talking to reporters outside her residence here, she called Modi a “kamaal ka aadmi” (strange man) “who does not understand the country’s history” and “tells lies wherever he goes”.
The former UP chief minister contradicted Modi’s claim that the BJP was instrumental in getting Bharat Ratna conferred on Ambedkar, and said the award was accorded to Ambedkar in 1990 when VP Singh was Prime Minister.
She said as BJP was not happy with the implementation of Mandal Commission and had withdrawn support from the VP Singh government on the excuse of stopping of the LK Advani’s rath yatra.
She said Dalits and backwards will not be “misled” by the BJP, as they want that the girl from their caste becomes the country’s PM and added that she had doubts about Modi being a backward as he has never revealed the caste he belongs to.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Stating that Modi will take the country backwards if he became PM, Mayawati said he tells lies about Bihar when he goes there, gives wrong information about Punjab when he is there, and now he is telling lies about Babasaheb Ambedkar.
She also raised Modi’s marriage, saying he had all this while been claiming that he is unmarried but now says he has a wife.
Mayawat’s no-holds-barred attack on Modi came after the latter slammed the Congress for ignoring Ambedkar. He said Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi was “insulting the chief architect of the Constitution and the god of Dalits by taking credit for giving rights and enacting laws in the country”.