Suspecting his wife of “chatting with another man” over phone and on a social networking website, a 30-year-old man threw her in River Ganga in Kanpur leading to her death by drowning, police said Sunday. The incident took place Saturday.
Ravi Chaurasia, who works at a private firm in district, was caught by the public soon after he picked up and threw 25-year-old Rubi Sonkar, his second wife, into the river, police said.
They said, Ravi suspected that Ruby, whom he married three years ago against the wishes of his family, had entered into a relationship with another man. They have had arguments over the issue several times in the past.
On Saturday, the duo went to Ganga barrage where they had another heated argument. Ravi first threw her cellphone in the Ganga and few moments later he picked up Ruby and threw her also in the river.
Some locals saw the drama and caught Ravi and thrashed him before handing him over to police. Divers fished out the body after a 30-minute search.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The police registered an FIR against Ravi on murder charges on a complaint filed by Ruby’s mother Shanti Kal.
Circle Officer, Colonelganj, Pramod Kumar Chawla said, “During questioning Ravi told us that he married Ruby three years ago. At that time he was already married. After coming to know about his marriage with Ruby at a temple, his first wife left his home along with their child”.
Even after marriage, Ravi’s family did not allow Ruby to stay with them. As a result, she was staying with her parents in Bajaria area.
Ravi, a resident of Rama Devi locality, used to visit her house regularly.
On Saturday, Ruby left her house on the pretext of going to purchase “dal” (pulses). She met Ravi near her house and from where they went to Ganga Barrage on a motorcycle, police said.
Station Officer, Kohana police station, Poonam Awasthi said, “Ravi claimed that for the last few months, he used to find Ruby’s cellphone busy most of the time. He said he also found Ruby busy chatting with someone on a social networking site. When he objected When he objected, she threatened to leave him and arguments took place between them”.
Ruby had completed her BEd and was looking for a job.
The police said, Ravi told them he also wanted to jump in Ganga but was caught by public.