A local court in Lakhimpur Kheri has sentenced to death a 40-year-old man who killed his wife and four daughters, including an infant, and later set their bodies on fire so that he could marry another woman in his neighbourhood. The incident took place at Namdevpurva village of district in Dhaurahra police station area in January 2010.
“District and Sessions Judge Rajbeer Singh found the case rarest of rare and awarded death sentence to Ramanand and also slapped a fine of Rs 20,000 on the convict” said district government counsel Shivraj Yadav. He added that 10 prosecution witnesses were examined by the court.
Ramanand, who was arrested two days after the crime took place, has been lodged in Kheri district jail since then. He was brought to the court on Friday when the quantum of sentence was announced.
According to prosecution, On January 21, 2010, Ramanand had hacked to death his wife Sangeeta (35), daughters Tulsi (7), Laxmi (5), Kajal (3) and a one-and-a-half-month old baby with a sharp edged weapon. After killing his entire family, Ramanand poured kerosene and burnt the bodies.
He had then reached house of his brother-in-law Shambhu, who lives around 500 metre from his house, and told him that four criminals had barged into his house and hit him on head with the butt of a country-made pistol. He also claimed the robbers had killed his family and set them on fire. Ramanand had claimed that he somehow escaped from the house.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Shambhu had later lodged an FIR against four unidentified persons on charges of murder.
During investigation, Ramanand kept changing his statement. On being questioned at length, he broke down and confessed to the crime.
Two days later, the police arrested him. The government counsel added that Ramanand told police that he had killed his wife and children because he wanted to marry a woman from his neighbourhood with whom he was having an affair.