A man has been arrested in connection with the brutal rape and murder of a woman in Mohanlalganj area of the city, a senior police official said on Sunday.
The accused Ram Sewak Yadav, who works as a security guard, and has been arrested in this connection, the officer said. The incident came to light on July 17 when the nude body of the woman was spotted near a primary school in Balsingh Khera village of Mohanlalganj tehsil here by a watchman. He informed the police around 6.30 AM.
The area where the body was recovered is in the vicinity of Jabrauli village where tight security arrangements had been made in view of former United State President Bill Clinton’s visit.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Taking a strong view of henious rape and murder of the woman, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, on Saturday, took stock of the investigations and had directed the officials to solve the case at the earliest.
The Chief Minister said that State Government was very serious in solving this tragic and unfortunate incident and exposing the culprits, an official spokesman said.
Akhilesh has announced a financial assistance of Rs ten lakhs besides taking up educational expenditure of the two children of the deceased woman, who was in her early 30s, the spokesman said.
The government had asked ADG level officer Sutapa Sanyal to supervise the probe. The police is working on some leads obtained during investigations and is reported to be questioning some people.