A man has been arrested in connection with the brutal rape and murder of a woman in Mohanlalganj area of the city, a senior police official said on Sunday.
The accused Ram Sewak Yadav, who works as a security guard, and has been arrested in this connection, the officer said. The incident came to light on July 17 when the nude body of the woman was spotted near a primary school in Balsingh Khera village of Mohanlalganj tehsil here by a watchman. He informed the police around 6.30 AM.
The area where the body was recovered is in the vicinity of Jabrauli village where tight security arrangements had been made in view of former United State President Bill Clinton’s visit.
Taking a strong view of henious rape and murder of the woman, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, on Saturday, took stock of the investigations and had directed the officials to solve the case at the earliest.
The Chief Minister said that State Government was very serious in solving this tragic and unfortunate incident and exposing the culprits, an official spokesman said.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
Akhilesh has announced a financial assistance of Rs ten lakhs besides taking up educational expenditure of the two children of the deceased woman, who was in her early 30s, the spokesman said.
The government had asked ADG level officer Sutapa Sanyal to supervise the probe. The police is working on some leads obtained during investigations and is reported to be questioning some people.