The main accused in the alleged case of abduction, rape and forced conversion of a 20-year-old former madrasa teacher in Kharkoda area of Meerut has claimed he was admitted in a Delhi hospital for a heart ailment on June 28 — a day before he is accused of abducting and raping the girl for the first time. Sanaullah, 50, a local cleric, was arrested Wednesday evening from Meerut.
In her statement before the doctors who examined her, the girl had claimed that she was first gangraped on June 29 after being abducted in a car by Sanaullah and some other men when she was returning from her college.
She further alleged that she was gangraped again between July 23 and August 2.
Meerut SSP Onkar Singh said Sanaullah, who has been sent to jail, has given a slip of his admission in Delhi’s Lok Nayak Hospital on June 28 for a heart ailment and said he was in the Capital for the next 2-3 days for treatment — a claim police is yet to verify with the hospital.
“Police are yet to verify his claims and veracity of the hospital admission slip. The complainant had alleged that Sanaullah had raped her and forcibly converted her to Islam. He has been arrested on these charges and sent to jail,” Singh told The Indian Express.
He said the investigation is being conducted on the basis of the FIR, the girl’s statement before the doctors at the time of her medical examination and her statement before the magistrate.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Meanwhile, the eighth accused, Hasib Raji, in the case was arrested Thursday.
Singh said Raji had allegedly accompanied Sanaullah when the girl was taken for making the affidavit for her conversion to Islam.
Police have so far arrested four persons who were named in the FIR namely Sanaullah, village pradhan Nawab, Sanaullah’s wife Samar Jahan and the complainant’s friend, Nishat, and four persons whose names surfaced during police investigation who have been identified as Gul Sanawwar, Kalim, Vakil and Hasib Raji.
While Sanawwar, Vakil and Raji were allegedly involved in preparing the fake affidavit of the girl’s conversion, Kalim had carried the girl to Meerut medical college for ectopic surgery posing as her husband.
Sources said the roles of a youth, Shanu, who has been accused by the girl of rape in her statement before the magistrate, and that of Naveen who allegedly helped in procuring the fake affidavit of conversion, are being probed.
In Lucknow, Secretary (Home) Kamal Saksena and IG (Law and Order) Amrendra Sengar declined to comment on the role of Sanaullah, saying they were yet to get details about it.
Father wants CBI probe
The father of the 20-year-old alleged victim of abduction, rape, and forced conversion Thursday said: “ I want a CBI inquiry as all the accused belong to a particular community and the Meerut police are trying to frame my daughter as an accused instead of a victim.” The father also alleged that the police were under pressure from a local MLA. (ENS)