‘Metroman’ E Sreedharan Thursday assured that the construction work of Lucknow Metro will start in the “third or fourth week” of September as promised to the Chief Minister and the public.
Talking to journalists here, Sreedharan said the applications for the position of three directors have also been received and the selections will take place on September 12 and 13.
A total of 73 applications were received for three vacancies of directorial positions, out of which 47 have been shortlisted and will be selected next month. He also informed that the tender for a general consultant will be floated within a month.
Terming the appointment of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) technocrat Kumar Keshav as LMRC managing director a “milestone”, he said “the essential team will be in position within 15-20 days.”
Sreedharan also informed that the tender for civil works in priority section – Transport Nagar to Charbagh – has received “a resounding response with eight companies bidding for the work”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The technical evaluation is underway in DMRC, Delhi, and after that the financial bids will be opened and the bidder will be selected within a week. Additionally, the bidder for the special span, which would be an overhead link without any pillar for about 96 metres at Mawaiya railway station, will be finalised within a month’s time.
“We also plan on acquiring the land for the depot within 2-3 months’ time and by that time we will float the tender for its construction too,” Sreedharan said.
He informed that the Public Investment Board (PIB) meeting for a final approval by the Government of India to LMRC, which will enable GoI to become a partner in the project, will take place August 25 and once cleared, it will go to the Union Cabinet.