A passenger allegedly attempted to rape a pregnant woman in the washroom of Amritsar-bound Jan Sadharan Express early Saturday. Raju alias Rajan was caught by the victim’s husband and beaten up before being handed over to GRP at Barabanki station.
- Humanity in Madhya Pradesh shamed again; 10-year-old girl raped, murdered
- Sitapur Incident: Surviving girl changes statement second time, says father pushed them off train
- ‘Dead’ mother returns home, says husband pushed her girls off train
- Barabanki illicit liquor raid: Police assault killed pregnant woman, say locals
- Woman attacked as she resists rape bid by four, dies
- GRP constable held for ‘raping’ woman on train
The woman, who is over five months pregnant, was travelling with her husband and daughter in the general compartment, said Barabanki GRP station in-charge, Asma Majid. She went to the washroom as the train left Gonda. The accused arrived there and allegedly tried to rape her. “The train only has general coaches and the compartments were crowded. So, her screams were heard other passengers,” Majid said.
Later, the woman fainted and was admitted to Barabanki district hospital. “She is fine now. We will get her statement recorded before the magistrate,” Majid said. Raju, a resident of Bihar’s Begusarai, has been booked. ENS