The Lucknow police Sunday arrested a private security guard in connection with the murder of a 35-year-old woman whose naked body was recovered from a school campus in Mohanlalganj area on the outskirts of Lucknow Thursday morning.
With the arrest of Ram Sewak, 38, the Lucknow police claimed to have solved the case. The accused belongs to Balsingh Khera village where the incident had taken place.
Additional Director General (ADG), Economic Offence Wing, Sutapa Sanyal, who was supervising the investigations, cited forensic examination report and ruled out rape saying “no sexual intercourse” had taken place. She, however, said, on being resisted, Ram Sewak brutally injured the woman’s private parts leading to the excessive bleeding and her subsequent death. The ADG also ruled out the gangrape theory claiming the accused executed the crime alone.
The accused will face charges under IPC section 376 (A) for causing injuries on private parts of the woman, the ADG said, adding that investigations will go on to find answers to a few unanswered questions.
The victim’s father, however, refused to buy the police theory and said he will be demanding a CBI inquiry into the case. He reasoned that one man cannot overpower a woman and indulge in such a brutal act alone.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The police are claiming to have zeroed in on the accused on the basis of phone call details and medical report of the accused. As per the medical examination, the accused has nine marks of bruises on his body, which appeared to have been caused by nails of the victim during the struggle.
The police have also recovered a motorcycle, its keys and the cellphone.
According to the police, Ram Sewak was deputed by a private security agency at an under-construction apartment, which is close to victim’s rented house. She had visited the site once or twice to inquire about purchasing a flat there. She had reportedly sought the guard’s help to arrange a rented accommodation for her.
The guard, during interrogation, admitted that he wanted to develop friendship with the woman for which he stole the SIM card of a worker at the site. He made a call to the woman on July 14, which went unanswered. The woman later called back inquiring if he was Rajeev, to which the guard replied in affirmative. He kept posing as Rajeev and they continued to talk frequently.
The police said, as per call details, they spoke 28 times. While the accused made 16 calls, the woman called him 12 times.
The accused said, on July 16, he called and asked her to reach Mohanlalganj. He was waiting there on a motorcycle, his face covered with helmet. After the woman reached there, Ram Sewak took her the primary school at Balsingh Khera village on the pretext that that he was taking her to his farmhouse. As he removed the helmet, the woman identified him and started screaming. She even threatened to teach him a lesson next day.
Ram Sewak told the police that she tried to run away but he caught and dragged her inside the school. During the struggle, he tore off her clothes and kept beating her. Despite making attempts, he failed to rape her.
Angry over woman’s resistance, he caused injuries on her private parts leading to excessive bleeding.
He told the police that he remained present at the spot till the victim went to the handpump on the school campus and fell on the ground there. He later left the place leaving her in critical condition. As per the forensic report, the woman died of excessive bleeding.