Stressing his desire to contest for the Prime Minister’s post, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav Saturday said the upcoming Lok Sabha elections were “a matter of honour” for him, and asked people to give the party a majority in the elections.
“For the first time I am saying this, the next Lok Sabha election is a matter of my honour,” he said, addressing a “Desh Bachao Desh Banao” rally here, and asked the people to give SP a majority in the elections.
“The occasion has come to remove the people who have not ended price rise and starvation in the country. The people must give SP a chance so that the country progresses,” he said.On the matter of extending support to form a coalition, the SP supremo said the party would weigh issues related to poor, farmers and youths.
Citing scams, corruption and external security, Mulayam promised to bring about a political change and called upon the young generation to make SP successful.
“We are doing politics for the people. SP is doing politics for poor, farmers, youths and women,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Slamming the UPA government, he said it was so weak that it has not been able to end starvation despite the abundance of food produced.
“It is so unfortunate that despite farmers producing food grain in abundance, deaths are taking place due to starvation. This government cannot feed the people of agri-oriented country. There is no government shameless, weak and lowly than this,” he alleged.