Stressing his desire to contest for the Prime Minister’s post, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav Saturday said the upcoming Lok Sabha elections were “a matter of honour” for him, and asked people to give the party a majority in the elections.
“For the first time I am saying this, the next Lok Sabha election is a matter of my honour,” he said, addressing a “Desh Bachao Desh Banao” rally here, and asked the people to give SP a majority in the elections.
“The occasion has come to remove the people who have not ended price rise and starvation in the country. The people must give SP a chance so that the country progresses,” he said.On the matter of extending support to form a coalition, the SP supremo said the party would weigh issues related to poor, farmers and youths.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
Citing scams, corruption and external security, Mulayam promised to bring about a political change and called upon the young generation to make SP successful.
“We are doing politics for the people. SP is doing politics for poor, farmers, youths and women,” he said.
Slamming the UPA government, he said it was so weak that it has not been able to end starvation despite the abundance of food produced.
“It is so unfortunate that despite farmers producing food grain in abundance, deaths are taking place due to starvation. This government cannot feed the people of agri-oriented country. There is no government shameless, weak and lowly than this,” he alleged.