A Samajwadi Party leader, who enjoyed the status of Minister of State in the state government, was killed along with two others after the car in which they were travelling was hit by a train at an unmanned level crossing in Line Bazar area of Jaunpur district on Monday morning.
The police said SP leader Satai Ram Yadav, 61, who was the vice-chairman of the state government’s State Land Use Board (SLUB), was going to Jaunpur from his native village of Khalishan in his car when his vehicle was hit by Jaunpur-Aurihar passenger train around 10.15 am.
Yadav, his security guard Vikram Verma, 27, a resident of Amethi, and the car’s driver Rohit Dikshit, 35, a resident of Hardoi, died on the spot. Circle Officer Sarvjeet Shahi said the car’s engine turned off after it reached the unmanned crossing. Before the driver could restart the car or the passengers could get off , it was hit by the train, he said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Livid villagers held demonstrations and pelted stones at police officials claiming the railway crossing had remained unmanned despite protests and similar incidents in the past.
The locals also pelted stones at a passenger train and police force was deployed to disperse the angry locals. SP’s Jaunpur district president Raj Bahadur Yadav said there have been similar mishaps at the unmanned crossing but nothing concrete has been done.