A Samajwadi Party leader, who enjoyed the status of Minister of State in the state government, was killed along with two others after the car in which they were travelling was hit by a train at an unmanned level crossing in Line Bazar area of Jaunpur district on Monday morning.
The police said SP leader Satai Ram Yadav, 61, who was the vice-chairman of the state government’s State Land Use Board (SLUB), was going to Jaunpur from his native village of Khalishan in his car when his vehicle was hit by Jaunpur-Aurihar passenger train around 10.15 am.
Yadav, his security guard Vikram Verma, 27, a resident of Amethi, and the car’s driver Rohit Dikshit, 35, a resident of Hardoi, died on the spot. Circle Officer Sarvjeet Shahi said the car’s engine turned off after it reached the unmanned crossing. Before the driver could restart the car or the passengers could get off , it was hit by the train, he said.
Livid villagers held demonstrations and pelted stones at police officials claiming the railway crossing had remained unmanned despite protests and similar incidents in the past.
The locals also pelted stones at a passenger train and police force was deployed to disperse the angry locals. SP’s Jaunpur district president Raj Bahadur Yadav said there have been similar mishaps at the unmanned crossing but nothing concrete has been done.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016