Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council was adjourned sine die after it passed the general budget for fiscal 2014-15 on Monday. The state Assembly had passed the budget on July 7.
Earlier, members of the BJP, Congress and RLD trooped in the well over Kanth incident in Moradabad, demanding action against the SSP while alleging his partisan role in the incident.
The disruption forced Chairman Ganesh Shanker Pandey to adjourn the House for half an hour which was extended until 12 in the afternoon.
A meeting of Business Advisory Committee was held to discuss the agenda for the House. Later, when the Legislative Council had assembled, four bills were passed with voice vote. BSP members, however, walked out over the UP Higher Education Services Commission (second amendment) Bill, 2014, calling it “unnecessary” and being “enacted to benefit an individual”.
During Zero Hour, BSP’s Sunil Singh Chittaur raised the issue of harassment of women in Agra, after which party members trooped in the well.
Chairman Pandey again had to adjourn the House for 15 minutes. Teachers’ group member Jagveer Jain, through a privilege notice, raised the issue of receiving threat calls, saying the calls were made on his official mobile number after he had “raised the issue of illegal slaughter houses in Aligarh”.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Jain also alleged that the DGP and SSP did not respond to the letters that he sent to them informing about the threat calls. Leader of Teachers’ group, Om Prakash Sharma, said the House should “summon the police officers and punish them”.
In response, Leader of the Council Ahmed Hasan, while assuring the House of taking serious action, gave rise to heated arguments by stating that “often such confirmed information turn out to be hoax”, which the Teachers’ group protested vehemently.
Chairman Pandey then directed the state government to ask the DGP to file his report within a week. Later, Hasan’s budget speech was disrupted by opposition members. Chairman Pandey finally adjourned the House sine die.