Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council was adjourned sine die after it passed the general budget for fiscal 2014-15 on Monday. The state Assembly had passed the budget on July 7.
Earlier, members of the BJP, Congress and RLD trooped in the well over Kanth incident in Moradabad, demanding action against the SSP while alleging his partisan role in the incident.
The disruption forced Chairman Ganesh Shanker Pandey to adjourn the House for half an hour which was extended until 12 in the afternoon.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
A meeting of Business Advisory Committee was held to discuss the agenda for the House. Later, when the Legislative Council had assembled, four bills were passed with voice vote. BSP members, however, walked out over the UP Higher Education Services Commission (second amendment) Bill, 2014, calling it “unnecessary” and being “enacted to benefit an individual”.
During Zero Hour, BSP’s Sunil Singh Chittaur raised the issue of harassment of women in Agra, after which party members trooped in the well.
Chairman Pandey again had to adjourn the House for 15 minutes. Teachers’ group member Jagveer Jain, through a privilege notice, raised the issue of receiving threat calls, saying the calls were made on his official mobile number after he had “raised the issue of illegal slaughter houses in Aligarh”.
Jain also alleged that the DGP and SSP did not respond to the letters that he sent to them informing about the threat calls. Leader of Teachers’ group, Om Prakash Sharma, said the House should “summon the police officers and punish them”.
In response, Leader of the Council Ahmed Hasan, while assuring the House of taking serious action, gave rise to heated arguments by stating that “often such confirmed information turn out to be hoax”, which the Teachers’ group protested vehemently.
Chairman Pandey then directed the state government to ask the DGP to file his report within a week. Later, Hasan’s budget speech was disrupted by opposition members. Chairman Pandey finally adjourned the House sine die.