A seven-year-old boy who was kidnapped on his way to school in Subhash Nagar area of Bareilly on February 18 was released by the kidnappers near a police outpost in Badaun district early Monday morning. The boy,Prithan alias Ayush,was returned unharmed.
Bareilly Range DIG Vijay Singh Meena said the boys family had not received any ransom call,nor paid any money. The boy was released as the kidnappers had been identified and the police had mounted pressure on them,he claimed.
Meena,however,said a letter was dropped at the boys house two days ago in which the family was threatened not to seek police help,otherwise the boy would be harmed. But the letter did not mention any demand for ransom,he said.
The police teams are making efforts to nab the kidnappers,said the DIG.
Ayushs uncle Jitendra Singh Yadav too said that they had not paid any ransom. The boys father Gyanendra Singh Yadav is a travelling ticket examiner (TTE) with Northern Railways.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Station officer of Subhash Nagar police station Ranjit Singh said the gang behind the boys kidnapping had kidnapped four other boys from different districts. Ayush had told police that he was kept with four other boys.
The SO,who is investigating the case,said that the boy reached the Myaon police outpost in Alapur area around 5 am on Monday. He found a constable there and told him about his identity. The Badaun police informed the Bareilly SSP office and they rushed to the outpost,Singh said.
The boy told the police that he was woken up around 4 am and two of the kidnappers took him on a motorcycle,dropped him near the police outpost,asked him to go inside,and give his identity to the cops who will send him to his parents,the SO said. The boy told the police that the kidnappers did not torture or beat him up.
Ayush,who is a class III student at Bishop Conrad Secondary School in Cantonment area of Bareilly,was on his way to school on a rickshaw along with four other children,including his two sisters,when he was kidnapped last Monday.
The rickshaw had gone about 100 metres from his home when a white Indica arrived and two youths took away Ayush after threatening the rickshaw-puller at gunpoint.