AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal Friday held a massive roadshow in Varanasi, travelling through the city in an open jeep followed by several vehicles carrying party members. While Amethi candidate Kumar Vishwas stood by his side, other senior leaders like Manish Sisodia and Rakhi Birla followed in other jeeps.
Significantly, former Congress members were seen in his rally, raising slogans for him. One of them, a woman, was with the Chhattisgarh Congress until recently and worked at the state party headquarters in Raipur.
Wearing AAP cap, she was distributing AAP leaflets at Friday’s roadshow. Locals also identified several Congressmen in the crowd. Besides, the rally also had a substantial presence of Muslims, who walked with the crowd and also moved in vehicles.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Kejriwal began from the Banaras Hindu University, from where BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi had begun his undeclared roadshow Thursday, and travelled up to Lahurabeer, covering around six km in three hours.
He later addressed a rally and took a dig at Modi, saying, “How can a person who comes in a helicopter for a campaign of two hours, serve us?” He claimed that AAP would register a thumping victory in Varanasi and Modi would be defeated.
With the election date nearing, the temple town has suddenly seen a high-pitched campaign by various leaders to display their strength. After roadshows by Modi and Kejriwal, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi and UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will be holding their roadshows on Saturday.