AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal Friday held a massive roadshow in Varanasi, travelling through the city in an open jeep followed by several vehicles carrying party members. While Amethi candidate Kumar Vishwas stood by his side, other senior leaders like Manish Sisodia and Rakhi Birla followed in other jeeps.
Significantly, former Congress members were seen in his rally, raising slogans for him. One of them, a woman, was with the Chhattisgarh Congress until recently and worked at the state party headquarters in Raipur.
Wearing AAP cap, she was distributing AAP leaflets at Friday’s roadshow. Locals also identified several Congressmen in the crowd. Besides, the rally also had a substantial presence of Muslims, who walked with the crowd and also moved in vehicles.
Kejriwal began from the Banaras Hindu University, from where BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi had begun his undeclared roadshow Thursday, and travelled up to Lahurabeer, covering around six km in three hours.
He later addressed a rally and took a dig at Modi, saying, “How can a person who comes in a helicopter for a campaign of two hours, serve us?” He claimed that AAP would register a thumping victory in Varanasi and Modi would be defeated.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
With the election date nearing, the temple town has suddenly seen a high-pitched campaign by various leaders to display their strength. After roadshows by Modi and Kejriwal, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi and UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will be holding their roadshows on Saturday.