The state BJP Wednesday announced to lodge an FIR at the Kaanth police station against Moradabad SSP Dharamvir Singh on July 26.
Party’s MPs, MLAs and other office-bearers from western UP will seek registration of a case against the SSP for allegedly assaulting BJP workers during a recent agitation following the removal of a loudspeaker by police from a temple in Dalit -dominated Akbarpur Chanderi village.
After a meeting of BJP’s state office-bearers in Lucknow on Wednesday, held for the first time after the Lok Sabha elections, BJP state president Laxmikant Bajpai said they will meet the Chief Minister to lodge their protest against the alleged harassment of BJP workers. They will also meet the Governor over the issue.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Starting August, the party will launch a membership drive targeting Dalit and backward castes.
The party has called a meeting of its MLAs at the state headquarters on Thursday. While Bajpai refused to divulge the agenda of the meeting, sources said state general secretary (organisation) Sunil Bansal has called the meeting to select party’s leader in UP Assembly.
Former leader in the Assembly Hukum Singh has been elected to the Lok Sabha.