The state BJP Wednesday announced to lodge an FIR at the Kaanth police station against Moradabad SSP Dharamvir Singh on July 26.
Party’s MPs, MLAs and other office-bearers from western UP will seek registration of a case against the SSP for allegedly assaulting BJP workers during a recent agitation following the removal of a loudspeaker by police from a temple in Dalit -dominated Akbarpur Chanderi village.
After a meeting of BJP’s state office-bearers in Lucknow on Wednesday, held for the first time after the Lok Sabha elections, BJP state president Laxmikant Bajpai said they will meet the Chief Minister to lodge their protest against the alleged harassment of BJP workers. They will also meet the Governor over the issue.
Starting August, the party will launch a membership drive targeting Dalit and backward castes.
The party has called a meeting of its MLAs at the state headquarters on Thursday. While Bajpai refused to divulge the agenda of the meeting, sources said state general secretary (organisation) Sunil Bansal has called the meeting to select party’s leader in UP Assembly.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Former leader in the Assembly Hukum Singh has been elected to the Lok Sabha.