Wife of a leading Kanpur-based businessman was found murdered inside her car in the city’s Panki police station area in the wee hours of Monday.
The victim, Jyoti (27), had 14 stab injuries on her body. Her husband, Piyush Shyam Dashani, informed the police that some bike-borne miscreants attacked them when they were returning home after dining at a restaurant. They forced him out of the vehicle and sped away with his wife in the car, he said.
Based on circumstantial evidence, the police, however, suspect that Piyush and his acquaintances could have a role in the murder, although the businessman, whose family owns a biscuit manufacturing unit in Kanpur, is yet to be detained for questioning. IG, Kanpur zone, Ashutosh Pandey said the victim’s clothes were found intact and there were no marks of assault other than the stabbing wounds.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Jyoti belonged to Jabalpur and had married Piyush nearly two years ago.
Station Officer, Swaroop Nagar police station, Shiv Kumar Singh Rathore said Piyush arrived at the police station around 12.30 am on Sunday and said that around 11.30 am, about eight miscreants on four motorcycles first hit his car, forcing him to stop between Company Bagh and Rawatpur railway crossing. The miscreants then dragged him out of the driving seat and sped away with his wife, he said.
The stataion officer said: “We immediately flashed the message across the district and launched a hunt for the car. Jyoti’s cellphone number was tracked to be near Panki railway crossing. Police rushed to the place around 1.05 pm to find the car abandoned there. On the rear seat, Jyoti was found critically injured with blood oozing from her body. She was rushed to the hospital where doctors declared her brought dead.” The victim’s cellphone and her bag containing cash was recovered from the vehicle. Police also found three knives in the car.
Meanwhile, Kanpur Zone IG Ashutosh Pandey said they scanned the CCTV footage of the restaurant. “We found Piyush was wearing a different T-shirt. How could a man whose wife has been kidnapped return home to change clothes and then come to the police station for help? He did not even call up the police control room after the incident,” the IG said. Kanpur Range DIG R K Chaturvedi said the footage also showed heated argument between Piyush and Jyoti, which Piyush has admitted to.