Kanpur-based businessman Piyush Shyam Dashani and his girlfriend’s driver were arrested on Wednesday for allegedly killing his wife Jyoti, whose body, punctured by stab injuries, was recovered from a car on Monday night. Police said Piyush allegedly planned the murder so that he could marry his girlfriend, who is daughter of a paan masala manufacturer and lives in his neighbourhood.
Piyush’s girlfriend, Manisha Makhija (27), has also been arrested for her role in the murder conspiracy.
Besides driver Awadhesh, his associate Renu Kannaujia was arrrested late in the evening. Two more accused, Sonu and Ashish, have been nabbed. The knife used in the crime is yet to be recovered. Cops have collected the CCTV footage showing the killers purchasing the weapon from a shop before the murder. Kanpur Range DIG RK Chaturvedi said: “Piyush has confessed to the crime and there are evidences against him corroborating his role.”
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
Kanpur Zone IG Ashutosh Pandey said Piyush had given Rs 50,000 to Awadhesh as advance and had assured him more after the murder. The accused were engaged in planning the murder since July 5. The IG added that primary investigation had found that Piyush had extramarital affairs and call details of his cellphone had showed he was in regular touch with several girls. “He had also spoken to Awadhesh and his girlfriend before leaving for the restaurant with his wife. Taking his wife for the dinner was part of the plan,” the officer added. He further said Ashish, an associate of Avadesh, had followed Piyush’s car on a bike after the couple left the restaurant.
During investigation, the police went through CCTV footages of the restaurant to see Piyush was behaving abnormally while sitting with his wife and had walked out of the restaurant for 20 minutes. He is seen continuously talking over his cellphone.
Besides other circumstantial evidences, Piyush emerged as a suspect as he reached police control room after an hour of the incident.
During his confession, Piyush told police that they were planning the murder since July 5 and had asked Awadhesh to arrange killers to execute the crime. He had assured them a hefty sum for the killing. They had earlier planned to strangulate and throw Jyoti’s body in river Ganga on July 20, but killers could not reach the spot following heavy rains, police said.
The accused further told the police that on July 27, he stopped the car near Company Bagh crossing while returning home with his wife. Awadhesh, Sonu and Renu were waiting for him on the roadside, while Ashish followed the car on the motorcycle. As soon as the car stopped, Piyush got down while Awadhesh took the driving seat. His associates moved into the back seat. Before Jyoti could gauge their intention, the duo covered her mouth and dragged her to the backseat. In the moving car, Renu Kannaujia stabbed her several times, killing her. They then left the car at Panki and fled.
Piyush went to the police station after an hour and fabricated the story of Jyoti being kidnapped by some bike-borne miscreants.
Police later found the car by tracking Jyoti’s cellphone and found her in a pool of blood. She was declared dead at the hospital.
Piyush’s family owns a biscuit manufacturing unit and lives at Pandu Nagar colony in Kanpur.